CV Axle Seals and clutch line quick connect/disconnect - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CV Axle Seals and clutch line quick connect/disconnect
Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:26 PM
Ok so i have 2 issues. Long story short i had to drop the tranny and install a new clutch kit. I decided to replace the axle seals while i had everything taken apart because one of them started to leak really bad. So im trying to get the new ones in. I have gone through 3 now at 10 bucks a pop just trying to get the one in on the easy side (passenger side) ive tried everything. Using a socket that goes over the whole thing and rests on the outter edge, and all that does is bend the hell out of the lip on it. I have tried a tiny hammer, rubber mallet and all that. Just wondering if there is some kind of magic required for this. Im really tired of being under this car. Also i installed a new slave cylinder (release bearing) and i cannot get the old quick connect fitting off so i can pop the line into the new quick connect fitting that came on the new release bearing. im not worried about damaging the old one which is still attached to the line at the moment i just need it off so i can connect it to the new one. Im trying to stay away from having to buy a special tool that i will never use again to get this job done. Please help.

Re: CV Axle Seals and clutch line quick connect/disconnect
Monday, August 22, 2011 4:39 PM
just rent the special tool at auto zone. You give them a deposit, they give you the tool, you bring the tool back, they give you the deposit back. it only costs money if you keep/lose/break the tool.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search