96 z24 need help! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
96 z24 need help!
Friday, August 12, 2011 7:06 PM
i have a 96 z24 5 speed and it is freaking out on me, i turn the ignition on and the theft light goes on and off as well as the seat belt light and abs light and it wont run but then after about 30 minutes of turning the key off and on alot it will start and run great but when you turn it off it wont start back, i really need help guys, i love this car and dont want to get rid of it.

Re: 96 z24 need help!
Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:44 AM
Did anything to the computer or stereo?
Thursday, August 18, 2011 3:54 AM
Try your alternator or battery sounds like issues I used to have. Let me know how it worked out.
Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:15 AM
Try the theft lock relearn. Make sure all the components are communicating properly.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, August 25, 2011 9:35 AM
Turn the key to run, leave it alone for at least 12 minutes, come back and without turning the key off, start the car.

It should run fine after that, you just need to do a passlock relearn as DSM said.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, August 26, 2011 3:40 PM
Thanks for giving the actual steps Tim, I don't have the pass-lock crap on my car so never had to worry about it. Couldn't remember the steps when I responded.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search