1999 Cavi Facelift To 02 Front End - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1999 Cavi Facelift To 02 Front End
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:13 PM
Hi, all. I am new to the forums, but not at all new to the world of Cavaliers and car modification, etc. I just bought a 1999 Cavalier for $220 from a junkyard that has no engine, no trans, no rack & pinion, and only one wheel as well as a gaping hole in the roof. You all may call me crazy for doing this project, but every car has potential and can be transformed into whatever you want it to be. You just gotta work extra hard for the money to do it and spend the time, deal with the sweat, cry the tears, and shed the blood neccesary to complete the rebuild / build. Anyhow, down to busniess. I have a few questions regarding fits for this. Like, will the 02 Headlight housing (Completewith corner lights and all) fit properly with little to no fender and hood modification or is it as simple as replacing the fenders and hood with parts from a 02? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Re: 1999 Cavi Facelift To 02 Front End
Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:16 PM
Some pics of the car in her current state.

Rear:

Front:

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:30 PM
all you need from any model 00-02 cavalier are the headlights, corner lights., headlight brackets, headlight wire harness and the front bumper and crush guard. to use your current fenders all you need to do is cut off the corner light brackets that are spot welded on. hood is all the same from 95-00. fenders are all the same minus the corner brackers i mentioned. the car in my sig is a 99

Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:39 PM
heres picture example minus the lip.

Friday, September 02, 2011 7:14 AM
azncav wrote:all you need from any model 00-02 cavalier are the headlights, corner lights., headlight brackets, headlight wire harness and the front bumper and crush guard. to use your current fenders all you need to do is cut off the corner light brackets that are spot welded on. hood is all the same from 95-00. fenders are all the same minus the corner brackers i mentioned. the car in my sig is a 99
Thank you very much, man. Btw, that Cavi of yours looks sick. I dig the lip. Is the lip CF and where would you reccomend gettin CF lips from. I dont like to rice my stuff out, but I like to give it an almost JDM look. I guess in this case, you would say USDM look lol.
Friday, September 02, 2011 7:58 PM
which lip?

Monday, September 05, 2011 10:55 PM
azncav wrote:which lip?
A lip like the one in your signature pic would be the lip I love. It looks very nice. That is your Cavi in your sig pic right?
Monday, September 05, 2011 11:19 PM
yes it is my cav

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 10:47 AM
azncav wrote:yes it is my cav
Very nice. Looks very sick. I like simple but clean. That is exactly what your Cavi is. Not riced out and over-done, but just clean and simple and it still looks good. Great work my friend. May I ask, where you are located? Our race crew "VA Deuces Of CP (Culpeper)" is always looking for new members. The blue and white "DEUCES" sign sticker on the rear bumper of my 02 Cavi before she was crushed, is our team badge. We are always at the track and the street. I prefer the track since we dont have worry about cops, pedestrians, and other motorists. I am located in Culpeper, VA on the East, but the DEUCES run out of state too. We are about 125 cars strong right now.
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:06 PM
im in california. and thanks i try on the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search