Ecotec water pump - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec water pump
Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:02 PM
Still trying to get the pump off but haven't got it off. Looks like there is only 2 big bolts hold it on and I took those out. Is there some other bolts holding it on ? I already took the bolts loose from the sprocket. I tried disconnecting the metal tube but I can't get to the top bolt on the drivers side of the tube . The exhaust manifold is in the way.

Re: Ecotec water pump
Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:02 PM
OK I got the tube off but I still can't get the pump loose. Do you tap on the pump from the front and knock it out the back ?
Sunday, January 30, 2011 8:01 PM
Best I can tell you is look. Look for what's holding it... You didn't take off the timing cover to remove the pulley bolts did you? They make a tool for that.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:12 AM
I got it loose . There was another bolt on the passenger side of the block that was still attached.

I used the special tool to hold the timing chain in place . Unfortunately I dropped on of the water pump sprocket bolts down inside the timing cover so I am going to have to pull the cover now.
Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:55 PM
The smaller bolts around the water pump need to come off as well, and the two bolts that hold the water neck on also need to come off, and remove the neck and pump all in one shot, it'll be easier. While you're changing the pump it's usually not a bad idea to change the timing. How many miles on it? It's small enough that the bolt might have fallen into the pan...that would suck!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search