secret cam question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
secret cam question
Monday, September 12, 2011 2:44 PM
ok i have a 97 cavalier z24 and i have the HO exhaust cam and intake cam....also the 95 grand am intake cam..i was wondering if i could use the grand am intake cam with the HO exhaust cam will it work good???...or should i use both HO cams?...do i need the HO cam towers to make it work? in know i need the HO lifters....what else would i need? besides new bearings??

Re: secret cam question
Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:12 PM
If you have the HO cams, I would suggest doing the HO swap instead of secret cam swap. You will need the 35mm lifters, along with the cam towers bored to accept 35mm lifters. I would suggest upgrading your valve springs to at least the HO springs. Keep in mind that you will also need to have your vehicle tuned after doing this swap.
Friday, September 23, 2011 10:29 AM
thanks....will it run like crap with no tune???
Sunday, October 02, 2011 6:26 AM
With HO cams and no tune it will run crappy and there is a good chance that your engine will lean out in the higher rpm range n go BOOM. As far as the secret cams you can get away with no tune but wont really be able to utilize them with out it. On a stock engine with a stock tune all the secret cams just take away from the low end and add to the top a little. It has been proven many times in the past that quarter mile times stayed the same with the cam swap because what you gain in the top you loose in the bottom. Now with a p+p head, intake, exhaust, and you will notice more of a difference between the cams because the engine will flow better up top.

Monday, October 10, 2011 11:15 AM
ok thanks good to know...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search