Auto harness question ecotec - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto harness question ecotec
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:04 PM
Hello guys I swapped an auto harness into my eco 5 speed since i've been having a hell of a time finding one from from a local yard that was not chopped up. Eventually I got a hell of a deal on a brand new auto harness straight from gm. Now I did some searching on here and I ran across a few posts where people have run them successfully on 2000+ cars and speedracerz posted about connecting the Yellow wire off Park/Neutral position switch c2 to the purple wire of park/neutral position switch c1. I'm getting ready to head into work now but it's raining so I haven't touched the car in a few days. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any input on the issue since other posts were vauge.

Here are some pics I was able to get from a gm service book.

Re: Auto harness question ecotec
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:11 PM
I'm also aware that this will bypass the clutch saftey switch, at the moment I'm just looking to get the car started and I'll resolve that later on.

Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:33 PM
if you bought it new wht didn't you just buy a 5spd harness

You need the reverse light signal
5spds have a PINK wire and LIGHT GREEN WIRE
PIN B and F in the 2nd PICTURE

you also need VSS
PURPLE and a YELLOW wire VSS Signal high and low is what they should be called
theres wires are located in the large gral circular plug that goes in the front of the trans

PIN E and G on eof them is a feed for the Crank relay the other goes to the starter pretty sure thats wrong because if i remember %spds are a purple wire to the starter and autos are yellow i know at the C100 harness they are but not sure out of the relay

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:29 AM
Thanks for the input, I actually put my 5 speed harness back in the car. I got the auto harness brand new dirt cheap shipped so I picked it up. I'm trying to locate my 2nd gm service manual so I can post up more diagrahms and have everything post for future searches. Once I find it I'll get more posted up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search