2.2L LN2 Motor Swap - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L LN2 Motor Swap
Monday, September 26, 2011 11:36 PM
Im in the process of pulling the engine right now and the motor wont disconnect from the tranny... Any suggestions?

Re: 2.2L LN2 Motor Swap
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:15 AM
Have you removed the plate from the bottom of the bellhousing?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:10 AM
I checked your reg. and how are you trying to remove the motor since your 5 speed? I've always dropped the trans first since you just can't yank it out the top like most auto cars. Make sure you check from the motor side into the trans for bolts as well as just around the bellhousing looking toward the motor.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:40 AM
@MR.Quick
Yes we got the plate to come loose but its not completely off.
@JUCNBST
No we just unbolted the trans and tried to pull it apart and pull it straight up

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:56 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I checked your reg. and how are you trying to remove the motor since your 5 speed? I've always dropped the trans first since you just can't yank it out the top like most auto cars. Make sure you check from the motor side into the trans for bolts as well as just around the bellhousing looking toward the motor.
I pulled my 2.2 from the top. It's tight, but most definitely do-able.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:10 PM
Is there a shaft that goes from the trans to the motor? Everytime we lift the motor.. the tranny lifts also and theres no bolts holding

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:34 PM
deleted double post...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:06 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:18 PM
hey checo (red_rocket) u should have stop by or called me shoot i couyldve helped you...hit me up yo..
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:14 PM
Rich- I'm just speaking from my personal experience.

R3D- take the extra 10min and drop the trans, sounds like your hung up on the inputshaft from the trans. Once you get the trans out look up pj's sub frame mod as this will help with getting everything in easier and out if need be in the future.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:08 PM
Damit.. It was a bolt from the plate that was holding it. It was caked with oil

Friday, September 30, 2011 10:58 AM
JUCNBST wrote:R3D- take the extra 10min and drop the trans, sounds like your hung up on the inputshaft from the trans. Once you get the trans out look up pj's sub frame mod as this will help with getting everything in easier and out if need be in the future.

x2

Glad you figured it out tho

Friday, September 30, 2011 6:35 PM
Its runs good! No noisy lifters idk how many miles were on it but it looked like it was brand new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search