high idle and rpm - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high idle and rpm
Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:13 PM
since i bought the car it has always idled funny it will idle normal at times but most of the time it sits at 1500 up ro about 2300 also while driving between shifts it wont go below 2k and will stay their till i will come to a complete stop

Re: high idle and rpm
Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:14 PM
ant it runs really rich like so rich i can smell it or if i give it hell it will blow black i have replaced the tps twice with no change
Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:13 PM
ummm... sounds like you need to check for vac leaks on the high idle side.. as for the rich smell... any service lights? engine codes? these will help tell the story..
Friday, December 30, 2011 11:40 PM
any suggestion on where to start with the vacuum lines and as far as the service light goes i dont have a rear o2 sensor
Saturday, December 31, 2011 4:16 AM
we had a bad sensor on our throttle body worked for few months but now a low volt idle input code keeps showing up and car likes to randomly stall at.lights. also ur service light maybe hiding a second or third code id get it scanned n see what codes show sides the rear o2

Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:12 PM
ogre wrote:any suggestion on where to start with the vacuum lines and as far as the service light goes i dont have a rear o2 sensor

ok, so fix that issue and go from there.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, December 31, 2011 5:16 PM
their is no rear o2 sensor wasnt when i got the car it has a hack job of exhaust for the most part not even a bung for one
Saturday, December 31, 2011 11:11 PM
You should get one put in... You have a good cat in there right? this is what the sensor is supposed to tell. I'd get one put in.. sensors aren't cheap new, you could get a good working junk yard one for starters to try anyway... I don't have one right now either but thats because i don't have a new one, or the bung to put one in cause of my new exhaust... get that fixed and anything else you know could be wrong, then get your car scanned for codes, see what is there, have the codes cleared, and then see which ones come back.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search