2.4L To 3.8L - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4L To 3.8L
Monday, December 19, 2011 7:29 PM
Hey. I am new to this forum, and was wanting to swap out my 2.4 for a 3.8 since my little 4 cylinder is on its way out. I was wondering what kind of trouble I would be looking at, and if it can be done, and what I will need to change in order for it to run smoothly, and as efficiently as possible. I know I won't get the milage of the 2.4. But, I just want my little car to have some more punch as the body is still in imaculate shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2.4L To 3.8L
Monday, December 19, 2011 8:07 PM
Friday, December 30, 2011 11:42 PM
Lots of work ahead of you its been done with the 3.8 s/c on a 99 but i dont know how but i do know it possible
Sunday, January 01, 2012 11:34 AM
its not gonna happen for this guy as this is in only post that he made since joining

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:10 AM
I agree . . . OP has no clue what he is doing. My swap is 2 years in the making and will only be finished this summer. I made a last ditch effort to put the engine in last fall but when i dropped it in the bay the factory motor mounts (motor side) would not fit as originally planned so we had to pack it in for the winter because dad needed his garage back and with snow piled up there is no way can get the car to the welder.

Whats up people?
Sunday, January 08, 2012 4:58 AM
what didn't fit???? i never has such issues

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:30 PM
I am using the 4T65E-HD that was in the GTP (mine already is an auto and I intend on racing it) . . .

In order to have the axles at a proper angle (little to none) I have to rotate the engine so forward quite a bit. I believe Lenko did the same thing. If you
use the 5 spd it lines up better. It shouldn't be to hard to modify the mounts since I now know how to weld (rough but effective especially with a stick
welder).

In any case me and my Fiancee have a deal to finish the car before we get married and I will be putting some dedicated time into the project come the thaw.

Whats up people?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search