check engine codes - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check engine codes
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:50 AM
has anyone seen P0480 engine code? generic code - Fan 1 Control Circuit. my 2000 z24 with 02 ECO/manual swap is throwing this code on start up. it has no over heating issues. comes up to 190-195 and doesn't move from there no matter how, where or when i'm driving or sitting in the driveway idling. i'm wondering if its because i don't have to A/C stuff hooked up? anybody have any ideas? anybody seen this before. i didn't see one by searching but, does this forum have a thread where people can list codes they're having trouble with, and codes they've solved problems for. i think it would be useful, for everyone. car is running great, just this code is bothering me.

Re: check engine codes
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:56 AM
First of all.... don't count on your gauge to be calibrated. And if it is, not very well.

The code says it's not been able to turn on your cooling fan. Since you've likely done a wire harness swapw, make sure you have the cooling fan, and the relay hooked up properly.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:13 AM
yea i know not to trust the gauges, my yukon sits at 100 degrees. took home thermometer from work and clamped lead in coolant line, and it reads close enough. i checked fan wiring and relay. i'll try swapping relay. and pop the hood when its up to temp see if it ever switches on.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:40 AM
Ya check power to replay , and after relay, a scan tool wih bi-directional controls would also be nice here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search