2000 z24 auto to 02 eco manual swap questions - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2000 z24 auto to 02 eco manual swap questions
Monday, January 09, 2012 9:49 AM
some people say the gas and brake pedal need to swap over. is this necessary?

anyone have transmission mount photos?

Re: 2000 z24 auto to 02 eco manual swap questions
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:37 PM
brake pedal yes. unless you don't want a clutch pedal. your best bet is when you get the mounts from the yard have them cut the whole frame off in one section so you can pull measurements.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:18 PM
if i remember correctly you have to swap all pedals because i think the gas and brake are mounted together and the clutch is separate you would have to look at it i for get if its clutch and brake assembled together or brake and gas. i think its brake and gas as it is faster install on the assembly line in automatics

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:12 AM
thats why i'm asking, i've got the swap about done, my clutch pedal is close, but not close enough to touch the wide brake pedal. the gas and brake are on the same assembly. if the only reason for this is the extra space with the skinny brake pedal, then i don't think its completely necessary, someone mentioned that their throttle didn't open all the way and they ended up switching cables, which i've done already. i'll know tonight, plan on exchanging my radiator, autozone's system has the wrong one in it, so getting the right one after work, drop that in, do some fluids and crank her up.
Thursday, January 12, 2012 7:19 PM
Sweet it's done! Now just gotta learn to drive it. Shifts feel great when I get em right, engine sounds good. I'm extremely happy to get my car back. Thanks guys! Now to start mods.
Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:26 PM
Shows us some pics. I have been wanting to do this.
Monday, January 16, 2012 9:12 AM
if i had more time to get it done i would have cleaned the engine bay, engine, transmission, painted components...taken more care and taken photos, but i was dying driving a 10 MPG tahoe. so i rushed through it, all in all i spent 40 hours on the swap, which is pretty good. i'll take a few, but i'll warn it looks like crap. when i have time and money, somewhere down the road i'll do some some mods, and have to take it all out again. i'll try to get something together.
Monday, January 16, 2012 7:09 PM
What all was involved when doing the swap?
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 10:57 AM
if you search for eco swap, this one will be at the top it was the most helpful in terms of the LD9 to ECO swap.
if you search for autp manual swap there are a lot of results, but this one helped me the most. the rest you just gotta figure out i suppose, feel free to ask questions, as i said before if i had time i would have photographed and documented before. this guys is good too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:09 AM
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:51 PM
How about pics of the final?
Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:10 AM
i can do that, got my interior swapped, so that looks good too. had old pewter carpet, stains... new is charcoal gray pressure washed it looks like new. i like the darker interior, looks better with the blue IMO. engine bay really doesn't look much different than a 02 cavi with 2.2 eco, but i'll snap some pics.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:46 AM
you do the sunfire dash swap? i did that way back when i first got it since i had the ugliest tan/stained interior YUCK
Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:23 AM
i didn't swap the dash, the donor car blew air bags, so the top dash pad was ripped where the p-side air bag deployed, swapped the dash harness, gauge cluster, center console, seats carpet, and rear deck. its kind of 2 tone now, looks unique and not just thrown together. i have a 2.75 year old who isn't to cautious, so i have to be ready for spills and stains, this will hide anything i cant get out much better.

carpet is already dirty, but you get the idea

loving the MGPs i'm getting now

looks a lot like a 2002-2005 eco, with some minor mounting differences. still needing to be remedied. desperately need header and CAI again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:36 AM
Friday, January 20, 2012 4:26 AM
did you end up swaping out your bcm with the dash harness or no? i'm planning on doing this in the spring and thats the only thing i can't seem to fined an awnser for.

Friday, January 20, 2012 9:14 AM
i haven't swapped BCM yet, because my tires carry warrentee based off of miles on car, when i got new tires i'm planning on bringing new bcm up there to swap in so they can record new miles with new tires.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:51 AM
cool so its running with the stock bcm in it? I'd like to keep my original so my original km's stay the same and i dont have to have it changed over , but i wasn't sure if the auto/manual where diff. thanks!

Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:36 PM
Runs fine with it, it doesn't care auto or manual
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search