Help Quick Please>Heater blower diagram. No blower - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help Quick Please>Heater blower diagram. No blower
Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:34 AM
Hello guys, Yesturday I uninstalled my car alarm, amp and sub and when I put it back together, I my heater blower stopped working in all speeds. I'm looking for a wiring schematic for the 2003 Cavalier I have, it never had blower troubles before so something must of happened during the uninstall. I disconnected the negative during the removal. I checked all heater connections, all are good. The fuse to the heater is fine and getting 12 volts at that point.

I disconnected the blower connection and purple is getting constant power at the 2 pin connector. On high speed, I can not find 12 volts anywhere on the blower connections with the key in run positon. I'm looking for a wiring diagram to figure out where to follow power to. Everything is disconnected right now, if you guys have any insight on what to check, please chime in. Thank you

The alarm was pro. installed, it shouldn't effect the hvac I dont think.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Re: Help Quick Please>Heater blower diagram. No blower
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:01 AM

most likely blew the resister under the dash.

im talking about this.

click here for pic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:03 AM

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:16 AM
Does High speed have a resister too? I thought high would get full power. Is there a way I can check this by bypassing the resistors and going straight to the motor? Thanks for chiming in staticav

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:32 AM
check your Blower Motor as well- It may have a rock or those helicopter noses or something stuck in there making it not run at full potential. I had that problem when my Blower Resistor went(and thank god the Used Car dealer replaced it once before and left out the "Satanic Screw"
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:37 AM
wallzy41 wrote:check your Blower Motor as well- It may have a rock or those helicopter noses or something stuck in there making it not run at full potential. I had that problem when my Blower Resistor went(and thank god the Used Car dealer replaced it once before and left out the "Satanic Screw"

lol "SAtatanic screw" that one screw is a #$$%%^ to get too.

OP. i actually have no idea. last time my resister blew out i think i had no speeds at all. i also have no clue about jumping it. good luck even doing so as there is little to no room to work with under the dash

Saturday, January 28, 2012 11:00 AM
no room what so ever

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Saturday, January 28, 2012 1:44 PM
I fixed it, It must have been a bad connection at the blower itself, I was about to add my own ground after I connected all the connectors back up again and the fan started working again.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Sunday, January 29, 2012 10:10 PM
explains why you couldnt find 12v anywhere

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:17 PM
I found a wiring diagram for the car that day, power actually travels first to the blower motor itself and then travels to the hvac contols. I had the 2 pin harness disconnected when I was checking for power at the hvac controls so it read 0 until I plugged the 2 pin blower harness back in. The diagram made everything clear to me once I read it. It was cool to figure how the hvac worked electrically but I totally wasted a tonne of time that day ripping everything apart again and trying to figure things out. Glad it was dealt with

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search