Power Window Problem - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Power Window Problem
Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:10 PM
Hi there,

My passenger window seems go down fine, but only goes up part way and then stops. After a while, I can put it up part way. Wait again, put it up more. On and on until it's finally closed.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Re: Power Window Problem
Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:11 PM
should have mentioned, this is a 2003 z24, 2-door. Thanks.
Sunday, August 22, 2010 8:15 PM
Sounds like you have a problem with the window motor going out. If I remember correctly its a common problem for gm vehicles to have. The right side went out on mine and it also went out on a friends Camaro when I lived in California.
Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:42 PM
It's a window motor going bad. I replace them a lot at work. It's not that hard to change, need some way to remove rivets though, like a drill or dremel.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Monday, August 23, 2010 4:19 PM
Oedwards wrote:It's a window motor going bad. I replace them a lot at work. It's not that hard to change, need some way to remove rivets though, like a drill or dremel.

this. an air drill works great to take out the rivets. and it's really not that bad like mentioned. but the first one you do will suck.

trying to find out how to get the old motor and regulator out through the door sucks.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:40 PM
You don't have to remove the regulator to replace the motor.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:11 PM
was always easier for me to pull the regulator with the motor out all at once.

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:43 PM
So what was the problem and what did you do to fix?

I am interested because I have a similar issue, but it happens to both windows. I thought it was the main switches since it was both windows. Sometimes they move normal, then sometimes they move slow or not at all, and it is both windows.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:44 AM
blucavvy wrote:was always easier for me to pull the regulator with the motor out all at once.

Easiest way for me to do this was to, once all the rivets were out, push the regulator up the door then pull it out motor first through the large hole in the door.

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:05 AM
Ya its really not that hard, make sure you have the big rivets for putting it back together as you will need a special rivet gun for them before you take them apart.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:33 AM
I agree window motor issue.....my 02 lss has the same issues....on both sides (pass worse than the driver).......and I thought the Z24 was no longer available after 2002 with the introduction of the ecotec engine to "replace" the 2.4. I could be wrong though

Thursday, March 01, 2012 11:44 AM
jason norwood wrote:Ya its really not that hard, make sure you have the big rivets for putting it back together as you will need a special rivet gun for them before you take them apart.

I was gonna ask what guys were putting them back in with, since they never mentioned.

Paul Foust wrote:I agree window motor issue.....my 02 lss has the same issues....on both sides (pass worse than the driver).......and I thought the Z24 was no longer available after 2002 with the introduction of the ecotec engine to "replace" the 2.4. I could be wrong though

Canada.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:50 PM
Shooff,

I used them on all the ones I do, the gun only cost about 40 bucks!

Thursday, March 01, 2012 3:35 PM
I bolted my window motor assembly back in, works fine, been that way for 3yrs now..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search