Basic differences between 97 ls vert and 98z24 vert - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Basic differences between 97 ls vert and 98z24 vert
Friday, March 30, 2012 4:38 PM
So as some of you know I have recently wrecked my 3rd vert cavy, I have owned two 98s and 00, all 3 zs. I recently found a 97ls on a lot with 94k miles and a cheapish price tag. it has the ld9 in it, and I researched and apparently there was no z24 made in 97 in a drop top. What exactly are the differences in these two vehicles aside the front bumper, fog lights, and the side badges that say z24?? anything mechanical or specific I should look at or know, i have never owned a ls model. Last question is more of an 'exterior' question, but its quick. The bumper i have (full kit) does have fog lenses built in, so how hard would it be to wire/splice sockets into stock z24 fog wiring, then splice that into this 97 car, and run the stock fog light/dimmer switch. If I do end up buying the car, I will post many pictures and a seperate thread as I still have all the parts from my wreck and some aftermarket that never went into my 'project'.

Re: Basic differences between 97 ls vert and 98z24 vert
Friday, March 30, 2012 7:25 PM
With them both being pre 00, everything should be the same.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:24 PM
97 'vert is an "LS" and the 98 'vert is a "Z24"... but they're pretty much the same other than the body kit.

Adding wires for the stock fogs isn't hard... just grab the wiring off a junkyard J with fogs, so you have the wiring to the relay all in one piece.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:16 PM
so since I have my own body kit that going to be installed, the car basically is a z24, just need to get fog lights set up
Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:36 PM
z24 verts even got the "soft ride" suspension due to chassis flex
Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:31 PM
so the suspension is different as well? any other differnces you guys know of, im wondering if its worth getting as a project car... I sorta think I still want a z, not a clone lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search