Fuel rail cover on a 2200 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel rail cover on a 2200
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:10 AM
As per my profile I have an 02 sunfire with a 2200 in it. I want to paint the fuel rail cover but was curious as to whether I needed to worry about the paint being heat proof(like the stuff you would use on the engine block)? I am just repainting it black so finding a color that is heat proof is not a problem. Has anyone done this before?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: Fuel rail cover on a 2200
Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:54 PM
I just removed it completely. I can't see heat being too much of a problem though. I grabbed an old valve cover from a junkyard and just sprayed it black with some wheel paint I think it was, and it has held up just fine.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 5:51 PM
I just used engine enamel when I did my motor swap

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 6:02 PM
I personally took mine off when I had a 2200...I think it looks better without it on there.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 11:34 PM
thanks guys for the opinions and advice, I think I am going to just leave it off for now. As I am liking the looks of it as it sit now without it.

The pic really finalized my decision Philly d thanks. what motor swap did you do?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Thursday, May 10, 2012 8:34 AM
I would have taken mine off but my nitrous and fuel solenoids are attached to it lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search