Back into the Fire!! - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Back into the Fire!!
Friday, May 18, 2012 12:10 AM
So I wrecked my 98 Sunfire while back, sad times.

Busted up the front end a bit, broke the front windshield, blew the airbags...but no cops were involved so I didnt have to report it totaled.

What happened was a big surprise:

Cavfire Swap!!!!

I ended up putting a 95-99 Cav front end on the car, shaved off the sunfire spoiler, and am replacing the windshield within a week.

The car is an automatic 2200 with 87,000 miles on it... It has a 2.25 exhaust and the tuner tube removed, that is all the mod's I have done to it, now im looking for things to make the car a bit more reliable, stronger gas mileage, or perhaps some easy interior/exterior projects that anyone can recommend.

Pics will come when done!

Re: Back into the Fire!!
Friday, May 18, 2012 9:16 PM
Not reporting an accident is a crime. At least in Wisconsin you can get a $250 fine. Saw it in the paper today.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 12:12 AM
You only have to report an accident involving property damage or someone else if you didn't exchange your information. As long as you do not ask your insistence company to look at your car there is no way it can be totaled. Even if they did look at it you can just tell them you don't want it totaled, in order for them to total it you have to give them your title, which is your choice.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 3:26 PM
not really what I was getting at with this thread, i know the law.

loooking for suggestions on next mods.
Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:47 AM
thevilliagemon wrote:Not reporting an accident is a crime. At least in Wisconsin you can get a $250 fine. Saw it in the paper today.
In most states only if it involves damage to someone else's person or property is it a crime not to report it.

But anyway, suggestions on mods:

What front did you put on? Base, or Z24? If you have the Z24, I'd shave your side molding and get Z24 skirts. If base, same thing, but add the front bumper.

For reliability, just do all the proper maintainence on it and you'll be fine. For mileage, get a slightly taller than stock tire, keep them properly inflated, and you'll get a little more out of it. Unless you get into the engine, you're not going to do a lot in this department. Increasing your compression is the best way to do this, as it will get more power out of the same air and fuel that's getting into the engine now. I'm not familiar enough with the 2200 to know the best way to increase compression. On most engines, you can simply mill the head down a bit to do this, but some will have problems with it.

Underdrive pulleys can also help mileage a little...do a few things together and you should notice a bit of a difference.

Saturday, May 26, 2012 7:46 PM
Thanks for correcting me guys.

A '03+ swap would be easy, but not real cheap unless you get lucky. Maybe I was just unlucky when getting my parts. Adding a cold air intake can also improve gas mileage.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search