No Spark Help - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No Spark Help
Sunday, May 20, 2012 2:32 PM
Ok I did the eco sawp in the 2000 cavalier. The motor is an 04, it has weisco pistons and eagle rods, GM adjustable cam gears, and a header, everything else is stock. I changed the harness and ECM, (learn procedure as well).
Now i started the engine and it ran for about 10 min. The car shut off on its own. I found the intake cam gear bolt backed out. I rest the gear and the car will not start. Has compression, Changed the ECM, Coil Pack, Body COntrol Module, Crank Sensor, twice on each. There is power going to the coils, and there is continuity between the signal wires. I'm lost can't figure this out. Any one have any ideas I might be missing. I'm ready to piece the car out...

Re: No Spark Help
Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:02 PM
If one of you're cams spun out of time you might have bent valves. What is you're compression numbers across as of right now?

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures
Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:06 PM
110 cylinder 1
110 cylinder 2
110 cylinder 3
100 cylinder 4
Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:25 PM
Have you re-checked you're timing marks to make sure they're at TDC? Also do you have good fuel pressure?

Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:27 PM
Timing is good, Have good fuel pressure, No Spark... can't figue it out...
Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:50 PM
I would test the ignition module if you have no spark. Test the module ground, Black/White wire pin E. Test for a 0-5 volt square wave pulse on the ignition control circuits, white wire, pin B and orange wire pin G. Test the ignition feed pink wire, pin A has over 10 volts while cranking. Test to make sure you have injector pulse with a noid light if you have them.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 3:56 PM
This has all been done and I have also replaced ignition module. Noting...
Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:06 PM
Damn.. Do you have crank rpm on the scan tool? Somethings gotta be missing there.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 4:23 PM
I have brought two engine builders to look at it incase I did something wrong. They both left baffled. They both brought there own equipment and found everything to bed correct and no clues as to what is wrong. I was hoping for some advise or to find some one who may have had a similar problem.
Monday, May 21, 2012 4:20 AM
Bad ground on the ICM?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, May 21, 2012 4:55 AM
Checked that also. , I bought a donor car last night. There used to be a "Sticky" with the parts list of everything needed to swap the 2.2 Eco into a 2000 Cavalier w/ 2.2ohv. Does anyone have the link I've been looking for it all night and this morning. I want to make sure i didn't miss something. Thanks for the help.

Monday, May 21, 2012 6:04 AM
Found it never mind. Thx...
Monday, May 21, 2012 2:40 PM
What was the solution?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, May 21, 2012 6:43 PM
I was looking for the thread that had the list of parts needed for the eco swap. I found that. I can't figure out why I have no spark. I bought an 04 donor cavalier last night. I'm going to swap everything this time, and see if that makes a difference. I'm thinking maybe the pickups on the crank are not right.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:17 PM
Any updates on this?

Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:08 PM
Put everything from the 04 I bought into my car today, nothing. Now it wont turn over. Im starting to think maybe there's a problem with the ignition or the pick up on the crank.. Got so pissed I left the car for another...
Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:23 AM
I was wondering if the igintion would have something to do w/ it.also the head is from a saturn cams and all block, crank from a cav. Do u think i would need to do the relearn procedure again. I used the ecm @ bcm as wellas both interior and exterior harnesses from an 04 cavalier any suggestions.
Monday, June 11, 2012 8:00 PM
I finaly got my car running and the VATS system was disabled. I must have done it at some time or another and didn't remember doing it. Turns out that with the VATS off the car thought everything was alright and nothing had to be relearned. I had fuel pressure and power to the ICM and injectors. Just a thought.

Try starting the car and then let the key go. If the theft light is on you should try the relearn procedure. Otherwise refer to what I posted. If the donor was a stock car though this shouldn't be your issue.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:27 PM
Theres no security light on, THe donor was stock. Ill check the VATS system and see if that works. Thx...
Friday, June 22, 2012 11:18 AM
I need help. I want to bow this car up. I have changed everything literally everything in the to an 04 cav. I have no spark at all. The car is a five spd and unused a harness from an 04 automatic. Any ideas. If I cant get spark the is gagging parted out...
Friday, June 22, 2012 12:01 PM
Recheck all the wires pugs

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:50 PM
did that. i have another engine. I might put that one in an see what happens. I ve checked everything multiple times. No spark everything dealing with spark has been changed three plus times including the ignition...
Friday, June 22, 2012 7:08 PM
It must be something from the ecm or wires from it, (wat ecm r you using.try using the original )
Or the engine is lock_up(doesn't work)
Friday, June 22, 2012 9:38 PM
Ive tried three ECM, three BCM, Three crank sensors, Three coil packs, two igintion, three different harnesses, bought a donor car and changed everything into this one same results.
The block is an 03 from a cavalier
the head is from an 04 saturn ion
everything else is from an 04 cavalier. The car is a 5spd and donor car was an 04 automatic. This car ran fine a few months ago and stopped has had no spark since. Not sure if the cams are different so timing is not correct and maybe throwing off the pick up on the crank, or what. I have a complete engine and im thinking maybe I should put that one back in and see what happens.
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:14 PM
Any update!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search