3.1l from 94 olds cutlass ciera into 00 sunfire??? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.1l from 94 olds cutlass ciera into 00 sunfire???
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:10 PM
first off will it work?

If so, i know i woul dhave to swap the 3 speed in the sunfire out with the 4 speed but when it comes to computer swapping and/or rewiring i'll admit i'm a noob at it.

Thanks..

Re: 3.1l from 94 olds cutlass ciera into 00 sunfire???
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:07 PM
well the 3.1 you mention is wired obd1 not 2. the better question is can you use that block with a newer harness

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:28 PM
Explain this to emissions.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:09 AM
94 Cutlass will have the small port 3100, not the 3.1 (yes, same displacement, but different engine). You could run this engine with OBD II electronics, but you would have to change out the EGR valve to the newer one. To do this on that engine, you need an upper intake manifold from a 97-98 Grand Am, Malibu, or Monte Carlo.

Honestly, you'd be much better off finding a newer engine. For all the stuff you'll have to do to get it to work, you can do it easier with an 00+ 3100 or 3400, and you'll have considerably more power.

Lastly, in order to make the swap work completely, if you are staying with a manual transmission, you will need a 4t65e transmission, which will require some work to fit. If you go with any other transmission, you won't have all of your gauges working properly. If you use the flash that runs the gauges properly, you won't be able to run any other transmission.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search