02 lss headlights - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
02 lss headlights
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:44 PM
Doing a front end conversion on my 04 to a 02 lss and I'm curious didn't he lss have different more sleeker headlights than the other 02s I was thinkin their headlights were a lil fatter than the lss.... would the 95-99 Z24 headlights fit the 02 lss front end? I know those headlights are pretty sleek

Re: 02 lss headlights
Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:25 AM
Headlamps are the same for all trim levels within a phase; all 95-99s have the same head lamps, all 00-02s have the same, and all 03-05s have the same. Didn't matter if they were base, z24, lss, etc...style change was by year (phase) only.

95-99 head lamps will physically fit an 02 front end, but you will have a gap to fill between the bottom of the light and the top of the bumper. Hoods are the same from 95-02. Fenders are the same as well, though the 95-99 fenders have a bracket tack welded to the inside to hold the corner turn marker in place, whereas on the 00-02 models, the corner lens clips to the main head lamp.

Go look in the exterior forum, there is an entire STICKY right at the top of the page dedicated to 3rd gen front end swaps, tons of info and pics. Otherwise use the search function, plenty of info on here to answer any question you could have on front end swaps.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:19 PM
actually the 00-02 also has a headlight bracket. but this time its only bolted down.. without it 00-02 headlight would not sit correctly. and will bounce up and down in place.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:12 PM
Azncav (was static) wrote:actually the 00-02 also has a headlight bracket. but this time its only bolted down.. without it 00-02 headlight would not sit correctly. and will bounce up and down in place.

Yup, forgot about those brackets

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search