2 cars what to do - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 cars what to do
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:04 AM
Hello.
So i have a question that i need ideas from
I'm not looking for a answer, just ideas
I have 2 cars and not sure what i should do with them
1st is a 03 Sunfire ( Auto ), has 160k odo the body is pretty shot. I mean its pretty bad. almost all body parts would need to be replaced. even the roof has a lot of dings and dents
but the car runs and drives great. it still has a bit of power for a 4 banger ac works and it rides pretty good

2nd car is a 96 cavy z24. Motor has 230k odo. runs like crap ( with that many miles i'm not complaining at all). tranny slips
its been lowered and im sure they did a crap job, being it rides like being on a school bus. but the body is pretty straight, granted it could use a paint job, but its much nicer then the sunfire
I prefer the z24 over the sunfire just because i like the way it looks, plus its already black, lowered and has rims.

Im not going to sink a crap load of money into these cars, i figured maybe 3 grand on which ever one i decide to fix
both cars are my DD
ether i do a motor swap or rebuild the 2.4
or i just sale the cavy and have a complete overhaul done on the sunfire.

Like i said, i don't want an answer to my question. just ideas on what would be the best route in the long run, as i use them both?
I already have a v8 as a play toy, so im not looking for some super fast modified car build
(and im for sure not selling the v8. i would have both of these J's crushed before i did that)

Re: 2 cars what to do
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:17 AM
swap the eco from the 03 sunfire to the cav. and call it a day.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:34 AM
That's the route I'm leaning towards.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 7:46 AM
Only thing that makes me step back is. if im going to swap the eco, i might as well swap it to a 5 speed, and if im going to do all that, hell i might as well just sale both of the cars. and go buy me a black cavy/fire with a eco and a 5 speed
Monday, May 28, 2012 4:52 PM
Or you could like they said before swap the eco into the Z24 which might be the better idea. I guess it all depends on how mechanical savy you are. Nothin like the Z24 badging on a cavalier! But if you like the newer body style sell them both nd go for it, and if u have the original coils/springs for the Z take them off and put them on the newer cavalier you plan on gettin... I guess this is something to help you come up with a decision
Friday, June 01, 2012 6:41 AM
If it were me, I'd gut the Z, and swap everything from the 03 into it (do the paint first), but find a younger Eco to use. If you do the work yourself, you won't put much money into the project at all, except anything you chose to upgrade or replace while you've got it apart.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search