true cold air intake - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
true cold air intake
Friday, June 01, 2012 6:19 PM
How can I install a true cai if I buy all the pipping... And I want one that routes under the fender not the short ram thing what all do I have to remove

Re: true cold air intake
Friday, June 01, 2012 6:37 PM
if you go to aem's website, they give you step by step instructions on how to install the cai through the fender. but basically, you take out the entire stock air filter housing and intake tube from the throttle body. remove the battery, move the fuse block out of the way, raise the driver side of the car up, remove the front wheel and fender liner. take out the washer fluid tank and the air filter snorkel. i think that is everything, just be careful with taking apart the sensors and the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator.
Saturday, June 02, 2012 10:00 AM
Just a heads up,Just because you install the piping and hose into the inner fender this does not make a true cold air intake..

And you will actually make more power with a short ram intake over the AEM cold air intake.

There was a post on here maybe its under faq..
Saturday, June 02, 2012 2:56 PM
pointless.. save your money. its all aesthetics, a mostly stock engine.

Saturday, June 02, 2012 6:43 PM
Jason Burten wrote:Just a heads up,Just because you install the piping and hose into the inner fender this does not make a true cold air intake..

And you will actually make more power with a short ram intake over the AEM cold air intake.

There was a post on here maybe its under faq..

ding ding ding.
"Cold-Air" intake is absolutely useless, even on the LN2 where the intake is semi-close to the exhaust mani/header(if you have it). either way, the only time it's of any use, is if you have a turbo set-up, and that's because you need the space for where the air filter would be.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:52 PM
I think you could get a true cold air intake relatively easy. If you put some dryer ducting on all your air conditioner vents and ran them all to your throttle body, it would run like it was 40 degrees outside all the time. I can sure notice a difference when it's cold out. My car is much peppier. Could someone draw me a diagram for the ductwork?

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Your signature is way over the 80k file size limit, please remove it.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:58 PM
I also did a quick search and found this thread. It will probably make even more power than running your ac into the intake. Props to those who pioneered this.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=230823&t=230625&p=1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:00 PM

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Your signature is way over the 80k file size limit, please remove it.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 5:22 PM
want true "cold air" take your hood off and move to Edmonton in the winter. bam, super -40c cold.

I need a new sig.
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 10:33 PM
Pish, newbies.

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:04 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Pish, newbies.

stock as hell.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search