wheel rub - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wheel rub
Sunday, June 03, 2012 12:02 AM
Quick question a lot of times if I go into a Turn with a lil speed it will feel like my wheels are scrubbing somewhere in the wheel bearing area and when I'm turning hard while holding on to the brakes it feels like the car is still moving forward as its scrubbing what's going on... Anybody know what that is?

Re: wheel rub
Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:11 PM
Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:34 PM
I know my springs are cut n heated so do you think that would cause oversteer
Monday, June 04, 2012 9:32 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:I know my springs are cut n heated so do you think that would cause oversteer
FAIL

Monday, June 04, 2012 10:47 AM
It doesn't cause oversteer, it causes cut down tires when they rub the well. I think you know this already though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 04, 2012 1:48 PM

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Your signature is way over the 80k file size limit, please remove it.
Monday, June 04, 2012 11:26 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Tha Dyce wrote:I know my springs are cut n heated so do you think that would cause oversteer
FAIL

This. Enjoy your firey doesn't-handle-for-crap uncomfortable deathtrap.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 8:54 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Mr. Quick wrote:
FAIL

Yeah if anybody tells you your a lame you should believe them. First off I bought the car like that second I simply asked for help with a wheel rub and you're venting anger about my vehicle. You don't know anything about my car or how it handles, and for you to get online trying to I guess "be funny" proves you get picked on in real life and have no friends... Please if you don't know anything about the subject don't click it.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 10:36 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:

Yeah if anybody tells you your a lame you should believe them. First off I bought the car like that second I simply asked for help with a wheel rub and you're venting anger about my vehicle. You don't know anything about my car or how it handles, and for you to get online trying to I guess "be funny" proves you get picked on in real life and have no friends... Please if you don't know anything about the subject don't click it.

If you knew half of what he did you would not have brought a P.O.S. with heated/cut springs.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 11:00 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Mr. Quick wrote:
FAIL

Here:

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:03 PM
First off define p.o.s because the car dynoed at 171HP I only paid 1200 for it and the run noise simply bothered me so I figured I'd see if you guys had any idea what it was. I dont know how we got all off subject..... Back to the hub rub please
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:19 PM
This is a pos.

You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Your signature is way over the 80k file size limit, please remove it.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 4:23 PM
If this car does exist then why are there no pictures of it.?
Why no pictures of said dyno?
What engine?
What mods?
Also it could be the wheel wells/ fenders rubbing even if the car is just lowered a little bit, because most lowering kits come with more actual coils then stock their just tighter together, which intern increase your cars handling and is why most actually lower their car.......

Erik Packard
Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:54 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:Please if you don't know anything about the subject don't click it.

Lol, everyone in this thread knows more about suspension than you.

Error: Sig not found.

Friday, June 08, 2012 8:52 AM
Ricozero wrote:If this car does exist then why are there no pictures of it.?
Why no pictures of said dyno?
What engine?
What mods?
Also it could be the wheel wells/ fenders rubbing even if the car is just lowered a little bit, because most lowering kits come with more actual coils then stock their just tighter together, which intern increase your cars handling and is why most actually lower their car.......

Rico i've several posts about this car so it obviously exists, I don't get on this forum for any other reason than to talk about Cavaliers and try to get some insight on what's going on with it. Unlike others who have posted to this forum I have a life therefore I don't have to try to I guess "make jokes" on a Cavalier forum. I think I will upload some pics since I have them in my phone I have the ecotec and the mods are two custom cams. I have the dyno papers in here but I just moved in so I have to find my folder. I do appreciate your input you're one of the rare few in this thread that actually knows something. I plan on ordering real lowering springs next week to get the car where I want it
Friday, June 08, 2012 8:53 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
Tha Dyce wrote:Please if you don't know anything about the subject don't click it.

You mad?
Friday, June 08, 2012 10:25 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

You mad?

He obviously is not.

But yes, Everyone here know more about this than you, so take the advice.

Saturday, June 09, 2012 11:11 AM
Tha Dyce wrote:
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:

You mad?

Nope, im smart.

Error: Sig not found.

Saturday, June 09, 2012 6:47 PM
I like when noobs walk in like they own the show....

Son, the guys that you are talking to have contributed to the J platform more than you have driven your car, I PROMISE you this.
Take a seat and listen to these guys, they know exactly what they're talking about, regardless if it's about how craptastic your ride handles. Laugh a little, tell them you plan on fixing it, then wait for your question to be answered.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, June 09, 2012 7:04 PM
171hp... and cut springs... an accident waiting to happen. along with the bad rubbing.. find some stock un cut springs and try again.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:32 PM
Put stock springs in before you hurt yourself or others. Save some money for a good

Set of lowering springs / struts combo.

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:15 PM
does the noise come from turning both ways? sounds like a wheel bearing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search