tail and blinkers not working on 2002 cav - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tail and blinkers not working on 2002 cav
Monday, June 18, 2012 8:59 AM
So iv been looking around trying to find info and cant really find anything, But my brake lights dont work except where there was a aftermarket wing with a brake light that does work. idk if the guy i got it front screwed up the wiring for it or what but the side ones dont work, and also all the blinkers are not working. Iv checked the bulbs and they all look fine and also the fuses they look good too. so if anyone can help me out i really need it, or a wiring diagram of all the lights. thanks for the help guys!

Re: tail and blinkers not working on 2002 cav
Monday, June 18, 2012 9:11 AM
Combination switch on the steering column is probably junk.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:06 PM
Wow i feel dumb, that hazard switch was on but some reason it doesnt work but it doesnt let the blinkers work either so i turned it off and everything works now.
Thursday, June 21, 2012 4:34 AM
If your hazard lights don't work, check the blinker under the dash. It's probably bad.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:21 PM
what do you mean blinker under the dash?
Monday, June 25, 2012 5:51 AM
All flashing lights require a blinker to function. It's simply a unit that intermittently disrupts the circuit, so the lights turn on and off. On our cars, as most older cars, it's a little tin can about the diameter of a quarter found under your dash near the steering column. They are a mechanical circuit disrupt, and when they wear out, they either end up sticking completely open or completely closed. You simply get a new one and pop it in place. They're cheap, and it's a 5 minute unplug / plug job.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 9:16 PM
he means the flasher

some are electronic and others are the old mechanical points ones that are metal(aluminum) or are plastic blue or black usually but some are yellow or white)

and round

electronic ones are often square shaped though

and usually always black

if its not failed flasher then its failing worn out multi-function switch assembly

multi-function because it functions controls turn signals and bright headlamps and etc

common failure part on these case and in the S10 trucks and billions other models of vehicles in the '90s and up
we replace lots of these for ppl often

sometimes more than once in the same vehicle

-96 cavalier 2.2 auto 143k miles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search