Crankcase bolts 2.2 ecotec - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Crankcase bolts 2.2 ecotec
Wednesday, September 12, 2012 9:51 PM
So I have looked everywhere (save contacting Chevy) for the crankcase bolts on the 2.2 ecotec engine. I am building by lower end and would like to get new bolts (Im assuming that these are TTY).

Any Ideas for those of you who have built the ecotec before?

-plaz

Is that a cavalier? ---Why yes.. Yes it is.

Re: Crankcase bolts 2.2 ecotec
Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:54 AM
GMPartsdirect.com had the best price when I bought mine earlier this year only the inner crank bolts are TTY the outer girdle to block bolts are regular so they won't need replaced.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:14 AM
I used studs... so mine I re use.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:08 AM
I did also, I assume that you are talking about the girdle bolts? I would assume that the dealer may be able to get them?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:34 AM
FYI not all the bolts are the same, the crank (mains) are TTY, the outer bolts are a different size and are regular bolts, they don't have a degree % added after the torque spec. if your not taking out your crank and replacing the main bearings you don't need any of them, but if you have a number of miles and plan on adding more power and stress to the engine then you might as well do it while your in there. ( I figure if your beefing up the bottom end that is in the cards for you.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:46 PM
Damn I just realized that they are about 1/4 of an inch smaller. Now are these the inner (the TTY) or the outer (the ones I can reuse)? My dumb ass did not organize these bolts so I have no clue which bolt is to where.

-plaz

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:47 PM
Actually you know I just gonna go a head and replace all of them. Thanks for the advice guys.

-plaz

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search