3400 Rear Turbo Setup 90% Complete (PICS) - Page 2 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 3400 Rear Turbo Setup 90% Complete (PICS)
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:13 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:holy @!#$in fail.

x2

I'd be to embarrassed to ever post anything like that let alone actually own it.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:55 PM
I think its funny how todays people have evolved into such closed mindedness and negativity.

I have to finish the final wiring of the oil return pump and the alarm system for it in case it fails and ill be good for tuning.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:11 PM
I have to say to each his own. Its different. And with different we all learn to think outside the box. Which in turn helps innovate new ideas.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:05 PM
uhhhh...did you use dryer vent as charge pipe off the turbo? i just redid my dryer vent and it kept falling apart when i was putting it together. better tape that @!#$ LOL.

now, im not big into turbos BUT...do they not work on the principle of heat rather than exhaust gas flow to spin the turbine? exhaust will be pretty cold by the time it hits there...

this thread = huuuge fail.

14.04 @ 101 ALLMOTOR
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:14 PM
This has been done on many rwd cars with tight engine bays. The rear mounted turbo, Hell I even seen a website mount a turbo by where the passenger seat would sit. He will lose some boost pressure but im sure this thing will be a beast. If hes happy with it then who the @!#$ cares. Maybe you can build some kind of like skid plate to protect the turbo? Nice work im very interested to see what kind of numbers it will put down and im sure your gonna take it to the track right? Are you gonna build a tunnel to cover up the pipes running through the car?
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:35 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:I think its funny how todays people have evolved into such closed mindedness and negativity.

I have to finish the final wiring of the oil return pump and the alarm system for it in case it fails and ill be good for tuning.

its not even closed minded or negativity. I give props where its due. but that just looks like @!#$. looks like you just wanted to take the cheap, lets get it running approach. I dont care how low your car is, there is plenty of room to have fit them under the car. could have bought flat stock, made square pipes to follow the frame rail, could have ran it along the exhaust, but instead you chose to run it through the car. wow, it follows the bends of the car, that doesnt make it look any better. very poorly executed turbo system for sure.

Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:31 PM
And people wonder why I do not post much on this site anymore. Its full of immature people ^^^ If you do not like....shhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Its that simple

Thanks all for the positive comments. Im taking it down to the shop this weekend to get the intercooler mounted better and welded up. I still have to get another small PCV filter for the rear breather hose. Ill try to get some videos this weekend if I have time.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:30 PM
Oy, I dont even know where to start...
So I wont.

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:01 PM
Hahahaha

Friday, May 27, 2011 2:45 PM
INB4VIDS

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Friday, May 27, 2011 3:03 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:And people wonder why I do not post much on this site anymore. Its full of immature people ^^^ If you do not like....shhhhhhhhhhhhh..... Its that simple

Thanks all for the positive comments. Im taking it down to the shop this weekend to get the intercooler mounted better and welded up. I still have to get another small PCV filter for the rear breather hose. Ill try to get some videos this weekend if I have time.

how am i immature? I call it like i see it. and it looks like @!#$. DONT POST IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET LAUGHED AT ABOUT IT. its THAT simple.

I cant say I have ever seen anyone do anything like it, but that doesnt mean it cool because its unique.... batmobile... that was cool because it was unique.

i mean what did you honestly expect? its like curtis did a rear mount turbo or something....

Friday, May 27, 2011 4:42 PM
Meh to each their own, i have seen worse. Not the route I would go but if it works screw the haters. I am a fan of the rear mounts, I do have to say I dont like the charge pipes but if you do thats whats important.

As for all the misinformation in the thread about rear mounts you only loose roughly 1 psi compared to a conventional setup and it does give a cooler charge but not cool enough to warrant ditching the FMIC.

Friday, May 27, 2011 6:39 PM
rear mounts are badass, just not this one, sorry. how can you say there is not that much room down under the car, you could easily route 2 pipes in the stock tunnel, cut out the heat shield and even more room. and dont anyone go and say oh those heat shields are necessary, he is running a pipe on the inside of the car... if i were a competent individual i would redo the piping and run it back side-by-side with the exhaust especially since you are using an intercooler, ive seen many remote mount cars not even run an intercooler.
honestly, you ran the piping on the inside of your car, sweet setup bro...

Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:51 AM
Vids?

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:33 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
Nitrous Nate wrote:I think its funny how todays people have evolved into such closed mindedness and negativity.

its not even closed minded or negativity. I give props where its due. but that just looks like @!#$. looks like you just wanted to take the cheap, lets get it running approach. I dont care how low your car is, there is plenty of room to have fit them under the car. could have bought flat stock, made square pipes to follow the frame rail, could have ran it along the exhaust, but instead you chose to run it through the car. wow, it follows the bends of the car, that doesnt make it look any better. very poorly executed turbo system for sure.

THIS! And pipes WILL run under the car just fine... I know, I have already done this......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 04, 2011 12:53 PM
god damn i forget how clean that looks. Man i love that. 5"-6" clearance? EASY? that last pic shows it perfectly.

didnt he also refute your advice on the oil pump as well?

Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:00 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:god damn i forget how clean that looks. Man i love that. 5"-6" clearance? EASY? that last pic shows it perfectly.

He sure did...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:43 PM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:god damn i forget how clean that looks. Man i love that. 5"-6" clearance? EASY? that last pic shows it perfectly.

He sure did...

wait, you are gonna sit there and tell me that you know what you are doing? I dont believe it.... no way.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 5:36 PM
And that my friend, is how a proper rear mount turbo is supposed to look.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 6:29 PM

He sure did...

Is that the RB pump?

Saturday, June 04, 2011 7:38 PM
it looks like @!#$, but props for being the first rear mount turbo on a 3400 j. i'll definately give you props for that. just didn't execute the "clean" look, at all.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:18 PM
mitdr774 wrote:

He sure did...

Is that the RB pump?
Yes Sir

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Saturday, June 04, 2011 10:16 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:And that my friend, is how a proper rear mount turbo is supposed to look.
Ryan in with the save!!!!!! I love your wife's car sooooooo much even if it is auto. Come rearmount my jetta lol

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Sunday, June 05, 2011 6:02 PM
Sawzall.. that'll make it fit.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:28 AM
I don't understand why the oil lines are running from the front to the rear and back? I believe STS uses a separate oil tank with its own filter/cooler just for the turbo.

Ive thought about rear mount turboing the Explorer to make it sort of sleeperish.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search