V6 swap info for 3rd Gens - Page 6 - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: V6 swap info for 3rd Gens
Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:01 PM
if your wanting to do the OBD1 you can get the tune for a turbo 3400 over at v6z24.com. wire it like the 94 5 speed like mentioned earlier and drop in a 2 bar map and that chip done. then do whatever you want for gauges.

Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:01 PM
I have read the sticky over and over, and have eliminated the parts of the ecm section that did not pertain to me and that left me with this snippet:

The electronics from the ODB II 3x00 FWD engines (96 and later) can be used, but in most cases require a delete of the Passlock II (anti theft) system. Also, for gauges to properly work, you may need to swap the BCM from the same vehicle.

Electronics from a 2nd gen 3.1 are also an option, but for the gauges to properly work, it is necessary to piggyback the factory 3rd gen computer and split some of the sensor feeds.

All of the computer stuff from the olds is going into the sunfire. I would like to use the sunfire gauges, but I don't have to. Will they work with the olds computer, or will I have to piggyback the sunfire computer to run them? Or should I use the cluster form the olds?
Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:08 PM
serious dude if you wanna use the sunfire gauges get an impala PCM and pin your harness for it theres 3 wires to move by the way read the sticky that applies to the 3800 3x00 is a different swap

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, March 17, 2014 7:49 PM
Is anyone still on here?
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:05 AM
On where?

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:42 AM
This thread, iv got a question, for someone who would be considered an "expert".
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:56 AM
jacob mahon wrote:

This thread, iv got a question, for someone who would be considered an "expert".
Your best bet is to read through the thread. If a question remains unanswered, post a new thread. Stickies are not meant to be continuing conversations. They're meant to be a resource.

I'm cleaning out my garage!
Billet upper mount for 3rd gen V6 swap!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:23 AM
I knew that and that's why I wanted to post it here, it's something that could be very bvaluae information..
Friday, April 11, 2014 6:14 PM
I could also use some wiring answers for this twin computer nightmare.. Anyone who could provide me with some real solid answers please pm me ASAP.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:48 AM
Mike Hall wrote:

I could also use some wiring answers for this twin computer nightmare.. Anyone who could provide me with some real solid answers please pm me ASAP.
Send me an email message through my profile. I'll check out what you've got.

Also, I want to put this in the sticky with regard to running a dual computer setup. I know there was an issue that SHOoff had where his odometer was jumping. It hasnt' been tried, but I think the solution to this is to add a delay circuit so that the second ECM doesn't come on right away, and possibly a delay circuit for certain connections, such as the VSS.

I'm cleaning out my garage!
Billet upper mount for 3rd gen V6 swap!

Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:45 PM
Just wondering got anyone running dual computers, where did you mount the second done in the ga it is under the dash. Wiring and mounting the computer is all that I have left to get my car up and running.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 9:46 PM
I'm over a year late to the party, but I mounted the second pcm to the dash bar behind the glove box, but my car was gutted.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:29 PM
I am new to the forum, signed up because of the information and knowledge from the members here,

I have a few questions, I am swapping a 3400 from a 2001 grand am. I have the entire car. I will not be needing any transmission control. and I am using aftermarket mechanical gauges so don't need any gauge control. I also plan to use an inline fuel pump (walbro 255).

basically what I'm asking is can the grand am computer be used to run the engine only?
do I need to use the bcm from the grand am at all?
can I elimate certain emissions related to the egr, cats, evap etc,...?
how can I disable the vats in hptuners? I haven't found a sure answer online.

I have hptuners software if someone would be kind enough to walk me through the process that would be awesome!

thanks in advance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search