after changing anytifreeze car is running a little hotter. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
after changing anytifreeze car is running a little hotter.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:59 PM
anybody have any ideal on why my car is running a little hotter after changing my antifreeze
i ran it intill i got heat out of my heater so i do believe my thermostat opened?
fan is cutting in and i used gm antifreeze.
is there something i am missing on burping all the air out of the system?

Re: after changing anytifreeze car is running a little hotter.
Sunday, April 21, 2013 6:41 AM
how high does it get do you know the thermostats opening and why did you do a flush of the antifreeze and not change the thermostat for the 5 bucks they cost plus a 6 dollar gasket

did you bleed all the air out of the cooling system?????

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, April 22, 2013 7:45 AM
let it run for about a half hour with the bottle cap off and see if you get air out it may overflow a bit until the t stat opens.... i've had this problem many times with my 2.2's that break the bleeder so easily....

Erik Packard
Monday, April 22, 2013 9:49 PM
Ricozero wrote:let it run for about a half hour with the bottle cap off and see if you get air out it may overflow a bit until the t stat opens.... i've had this problem many times with my 2.2's that break the bleeder so easily....

they sure as hell do.

my method that has worked thus far, jack up the passenger side as far as my jack goes, fill the coolant bottle till it wont take anymore, squeeze the lower hose. like forever. then unscrew the bleeder at the side of the head slowly. you'll hear air rushing out of it, then see coolant. close it again. refill the bottle, squeeze the hose, crack the bleeder. have never once had a bubble left over.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:56 PM
the old squeeze the hose trick works every time

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:42 PM
so there is a bleeder on a 2.4?
and if so where is it i have looked for one around the therostat but i dont see one.
and by the way i am very thanks for the help!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search