2002 2200 cavalier no start. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 2200 cavalier no start.
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:56 PM
Help I'm working on my neighbors 2002 2200 cavalier no codes stored on the computer. The car will not start. I'm getting spark, fuel pump is priming, and the crank case vent is puffing out air like it should if the timing chain is ok. I probed a injector connector and during start up it was at 1.5v.

I'm going to try the probe later on with wire to make sure I thought they should be 12v. If it's still 1.5v what should I check next? What sensor is in charge of controlling them cam position? Thanks.

Re: 2002 2200 cavalier no start.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 2:08 PM
do you have 12v at the batter and does the fuel pump prime

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:27 PM
If you have checked fuel pressure and it is good (dont care if its priming doesnt mean the pump is good) and also a crank position sensor may do that....... One time I experienced in a rare case the wheel well was missing on the right side and the pcm was corroded and had broken pins

Erik Packard
Friday, July 19, 2013 11:39 AM
Yes battery is brand new. And yes the pump primes.

Friday, July 19, 2013 11:57 AM
Ricozero wrote: One time I experienced in a rare case the wheel well was missing on the right side and the pcm was corroded and had broken pins

I THINK in 02 the PCM was moved to the passenger side strut tower.

So it cranks over fine it just won't fire? Does it sputter at all and try to start or just keep cranking? How did it stop running? It just wouldn't start one day or the person was driving it and it shut off? Like said check the actual fuel pressure.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search