abs brake system - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
abs brake system
Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:07 PM
I have a cavalier 1999 ls I replaced the rear speed sensor my abs light went out ive replaced my master cylinder bled the system and when I got in the car after replacing wheel sensor the pedal went down farther then it should have my question is do you have to drive it awhile for the ecbm to reset brakes or would the pump be bad ive scanned it system passed any ideas would be appreciated

Re: abs brake system
Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:26 PM
Bleed the ever living piss out of the rears. Can't hurt to do the fronts again too.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:07 PM
If you have a scan tool go to the brakes/ abs and uses the bleed feature if it has one and it will pulsate the abs for quick bleeding.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:22 PM
i always do the furthest wheels first not sure if its matters but i do that. i also have a vacuum bleeder so i can suck the fluid through keep in mind you have to top up the fluid in the process or you could just re-enter air.

dissconect the battery and that will clear it if it comes back you still have an issue rears are usually good on j bodys i always have fronts that act up and its usually the wire that runs across the control arm its constantly moving and then it breaks even tho its not solid core wire but sometimes it makes contact .

re scan the EBCM system and see what codes you have now

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:31 PM
^this. Front wires are usually the issue. You'll have to inspect them pretty far up to be sure they aren't broken within the insulation. I'll attach a picture of how mine broke right behind the plug.
Attachments
IMAG1428_zps594776db.jpg (40k)

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search