car doesnt want to start - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car doesnt want to start
Monday, July 07, 2014 3:43 PM
I have a 2000 cavalier manual trans i recently passed it on to my nephew so he could use for school. One day he was going to put gas when he went to start it up again it would not crank over at all; the battery is good bought it a couple months ago the starter is good i tested it i checked the switch for the clutch and it seems to be working i turn the key and the lights on the dash turn on but when i go to crank it nothing no noise no nothing from the starter. I do have an alarm on the car with a kill switch and i even took off the alarm and connected everything how it was originally and still nothing i checked the fuses there all good the ones inside the car and the ones under the hood I don't know what else to check for hopefully someone has an answer for me so i could try some other things on it.

Thank you

Re: car doesnt want to start
Monday, July 07, 2014 10:27 PM
I have a 95 Z and the same thing happened to me and it turned out to be the neutral safety switch. Th part only runs bout 7 bucks its just a bit of a pain to swap out its way up under the dash. It fixed mine hope that helps.
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:03 AM
brent akers. i have already switched out that switch it is a pain in the ass to switch out but is still didn't start it any other suggestions?
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 5:29 PM
If you jump the starter does it spin?

Does the starter relay click?

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Saturday, July 12, 2014 9:38 AM
MATT LINKE;

yea when i jump start the starter it spins and the pin pops in and out. Where is that starter relay?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search