06 Cobalt fuel rail/injectors to an 04 Cavalier Eco - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
06 Cobalt fuel rail/injectors to an 04 Cavalier Eco
Friday, February 01, 2013 7:01 AM
I think that my misfire is coming from a clogged fuel injector in cylinder 1. A buddy of mine in my GMASEP class brought me a fuel rail from an 06 cobalt from his shop... wil it just be a bolt n go? Also im looking at the rail now and I see two of the injectors have these kinda circular boots on them and two don't. Is it supposed to be like that or do these other two injectors need boots? And if they do can I use the boots already on the injectors in my 04 Eco cavy

Re: 06 Cobalt fuel rail/injectors to an 04 Cavalier Eco
Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:39 AM
the 'boots' if they are grey plastic are the injector spacers. you will most likely need them.

there should be a full set of 4 on your engine now, they're just difficult to see because they're in the injector sockets in the head.

the 06 cobalt rail most likely will not be a bolt on deal because the delta fuel injection is usually returnless... meaning there's only one fuel line that goes into the rail and thats it. pressure is controlled by the speed of the fuel pump which is regulated by the PCM.

in the j-body, the fuel system is a return style which means there's a feed line, and then a return line. on the return line is the pressure regulator that controls the pressure.

you can probably adapt it, but the 06 rails are not a direct bolt on.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 5:43 PM
what about the fuel injectors themselves? I could get away with just using one of the injectors from the cobalt rail...... can i just use the injector
Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:38 PM
I'm not sure if they changed the design or flow characteristics.

if they fit, they'll most likely work.

Friday, July 25, 2014 8:07 PM
Yes, they will work. I have installed US type fuel injectors in my 2.2 ecotec and my 2.4 ld9 with the 12 nozzle spay pattern per injector. These injectors are like night and day when installed correctly some mild milling is necessary, measure twice, mill once.

I had Pencil Style EV1 Delphi Injectors prior with 6 nozzle holes for each fuel injector.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search