identification numbers - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
identification numbers
Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:03 PM
Hi im new here... Im starting a project from a 2003 cavy ls; no engine no tranny, looking for parts

But the first thing im trying to be sure about the legal issues, i cannot find the factory numbers in the car, just the vin number, dont know if theres any chassis numbers printed somewhere??? Any ideas???

Re: identification numbers
Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:19 PM
And pics for clics!
Attachments
WP_20140722_002.jpg (1558k)

Thursday, August 07, 2014 5:04 AM
That thing certainly looks as if it was beaten like a redheaded stepchild!

What's the config? Auto? Manual?

I don't know of any numbers other than the VIN on the J-body cars. I've been all over mine, and haven't seen anything else. What are you trying to find out? What legal issues are you worried about?

What are your plans for it? Just going with an Eco from a similar car, or going with something different?

Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:50 PM
Well in my country there are some regulations and inspections for prevent stolen cars to roll arround, i dont want to trhow my money in something ilegal

My plans is to revive the thing, do a little mix of parts for the exterior from early cavy to some late stuf; in the engine a friend has a 2.2 from a 96...

The goal is a nice and confy daily

Thx for the reply im more secure now
Friday, August 08, 2014 7:43 AM
mike deras wrote:the engine a friend has a 2.2 from a 96...
You don't want to do this. The electronics are not compatible with your car. You would have to rewire half the vehicle for it to work. Although the engine displacement is the same, the engines share nothing in common, and neither do the electronics.

Find yourself an engine from an 03-05 Cavalier or Sunfire. They're not that hard to come by in most areas.

Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:15 PM
thx i will do my research in getting an eco engine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search