Exhaust Hangers - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Exhaust Hangers
Friday, August 22, 2014 5:08 PM
I did some looking around, but I can't seem to find any pictures or diagrams of the factory exhaust hangers for my cavalier. Every part of my exhaust was solid welded to the body and has since broke. I am putting on a full 2.5" system and it came with hangers to bolt up to the factory spots and just need to know where they go. If anyone has any pictures or can get some that would be greatly appreatiated.

Re: Exhaust Hangers
Friday, August 22, 2014 7:41 PM
There is one in the rear that goes over the muffler and attaches to the frame above, one by the rear trailing arm and then up front.

You can make any mount you want though really.
Monday, August 25, 2014 5:23 AM
IIRC, the ones by the trailing arm bushings and the one close to the cat are just a rod welded to the frame, and you should have the rubber pieces that have two holes in them (like the ones at the front subframe). Any exhaust shop should be able to install the exhaust and then weld the rods in at the appropriate points so the system hangs properly.

Saturday, October 18, 2014 8:13 PM
Agreed, go to a good exhaust shop and have your system installed. I'm a mechanic and can do anything in my garage, but exhaust is NOT one of them. I work for a muffler and tire shop. They have all kinds of exhaust hardware to fix ya up.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:11 AM
I don't see exhaust work being easy unless you have a lift. It's a shame some one cob jobbed it last time.

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search