FE2 suspension pack, what exactly is it? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FE2 suspension pack, what exactly is it?
Friday, January 08, 2016 6:27 PM
Just wondering since after doing a search I came up with nothing on the forums. Last time I did a decode it came up with FE2 suspension. What makes it different if anything at all?
Thanks in advance.

Re: FE2 suspension pack, what exactly is it?
Saturday, January 09, 2016 1:45 PM
FE2 is the Ride and Handling package. It is in between the Soft Ride (FE1) and the Sport Suspension (FE3).

Mainly the difference between the FE3 and FE2 is that FE2 has smaller stabilizer bars, softer springs, softer bushings everywhere, less aggressive dampers, strut/suspension braces deleted and more steering ratio (takes more turning to go lock to lock). There may be a few other things too, those are just the main difference. This is for Gen I and Gen II and probably the same for Gen III as well, at least for the most part.
Sunday, January 10, 2016 7:55 PM
No FE3 on the third gen (95-05).

What it consists of, depends on the year of your car. On a third gen, it's usually the presence of a front sway bar.. and sometimes the size of said sway bar.

What year?
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:05 PM
Thanks John. I had no idea they discontinued the sport suspension with the Gen III. But I must admit, I really don't know anything about them. LOL, I think I have only ridden in one in my whole life.
Friday, January 15, 2016 2:44 PM
The fe2 was the "sport suspension" on the 3rd gens... the z24 and ls sports were equipped with fe2.

fe0 was no front sway bar, fe1 was an 18mm front sway bar, fe2 was either a 22mm (95-02 I believe) or a 24mm (03-05) front sway bar and a welded in stiffening bar in the rear torsion beam. the fe2 cars were also equipped with "better" tires.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:28 PM
Thanks for the responses, that answers my question!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search