cavi parts interchange - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cavi parts interchange
Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:11 PM
Hey i have a 99 cav 2.2l and a 04 cav ecotech. I was just wondering if anyone knows if any engine parts will interchange. Sensors, alternator, anything like that. Also wondering if my 04 cluster would mount the same as the 99s. Would like to swap dashes but keep the proper tach.

ReD RaiN

Re: cavi parts interchange
Friday, January 15, 2016 7:24 AM
One easy trick you can try on the parts is check the part numbers on a website - say Autozone - for both year/engines. If the part numbers are the same you are in luck, different part numbers are a good shot they wont swap. Also they show photos of the part you can look at to see too.

I can tell you if you swap the IC it will fire up PassLock and shut down the injectors. The body computer is set to the radio, Ignition Lock Barrel and the IC as a matched set. You will have to do a PassLock relearn procedure to get the body computer to accept the new IC. 3rd Gens are very picky with this stuff.

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:01 AM
They wont. Both engines are completely different. The clusters mount differently too.

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:56 AM
That's right Tinkles, I think they changed the dash in 2000, didn't they. Swapped positions of the radio and heater controls. I think the radio got larger face too.

Did they stay with that same dash design from 2000 through to the end?

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:46 PM
dash was the same 00-05

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:18 PM
Unfortunately they changed just enough in 2000 that you have to replaced the whole dash and support to makes the 2000+ dash stuff fit properly in the 95-99 cars. Also 95-99s do not have BCMs like the 2000+ do.

Friday, January 15, 2016 10:23 PM
Thanks but sorry i may have mislead the question. I want to take the 99 dash and install it in the 04. I planned on using the 04 cluster. Yes the radio and controls for the vents are different location but wasnt sure bout the cluster. Also the radio is larger on the 04. what is IC?

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search