trunk leak - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trunk leak
Sunday, January 29, 2017 11:30 PM
04 cavalier coupe with a trunk leak. Ive read a bit around that some of the 04's didn't have the body mounts welded. I bought the car cheap with a dented trunk and cracked taillight. Since then I've had to pull out the lip the rubber seal sits around and where the right taillight bolts to. It had been pushed in bout 2 inches. Other then that nothing else was damaged. I went around every seam, inner and outside of the trunk with silicon. I checked my seals around the taillights, sealed those as well. Removed the vent in the trunk Completly, filed in a few rust spots in the spare tire compartment. I also lowered my trunk latch to tighten things up. On top of all that i removed the bumper and sealed everything top to bottom with undercoat and still can't seem to find the leak. It doesn't seem to leak when its parked or if i wash the car. My guess is its leaking from the fenders. I did what i could to fix it from the inside but is there anything that can be done from the outside? Any tips or advice would deff help. I also layed in the trunk looking for any light or water but cant seem to pinpoint it. I noticed these cars dont have plastic inner fenders in the rear. Currently have a hole drilled to let the water drain but its daunting i cant put nothing in the trunk. Otherwise the cars in mint shape. Would hate to see it rot out. I would post pics but it won't let me anymore for some reason

ReD RaiN

Re: trunk leak
Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:01 AM
Fender seams leaked on some 03-05 cars.

If not, I would guess the main trunk seal.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1:42 PM
The rear window seal may be broken somewhere too..................
Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:04 AM
Yea im pretty sure the window seal is no good but i dont think that is the only place its leaking. Plus shops want 200 min to do a reseal.. Once nicer weather comes ill go over it again and in the mean time start saving i guess.

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search