Reverse lamp ???? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Reverse lamp ????
Thursday, July 21, 2005 1:57 AM
Ok I did a search and nothing camr up on this. My question is , Has any ony had any problems with their reverse lamps quitting? Mine started going on the fritz about a year ago and now they won't work at all. I used to be able to wiggle the shifter a little and they would come on but now that doesn't even work, so i'm assuming that the switch that activates them when you pull the shifter into reverse has went bad. By the way my car is a 5spd, also does any one know about how much this will cost to fix..???

Re: Reverse lamp ????
Friday, July 22, 2005 1:45 PM
Replace the back up switch

Saturday, July 23, 2005 11:05 PM
Where is it located..?

Monday, August 01, 2005 2:14 PM
switch is in the console on the shifter, take the console out and u will see it

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 1:40 AM
cool, Thanks man, you wouldn't know how much they run price wise would ya..?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 7:51 AM
Unless the transmission on the older cavs is set up totaly different which is possible since it is from a different manufacturer then it should be locted on the back side on the tranny just below the shifter linkage. Thats where it is on the newer cars but I'm not 100% sure on your car.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:41 PM
CarbonCav (Mavrik24) wrote:cool, Thanks man, you wouldn't know how much they run price wise would ya..?

The back-up lamp switch is $17.99 at autozone.

www.houston-domestics.com
Thursday, August 04, 2005 10:48 PM
Also that switch is located on the top of the transaxle at the driver's end.

Friday, August 05, 2005 5:13 AM
Usualy around $20.00

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, August 05, 2005 9:03 PM
CarbonCav (Mavrik24) wrote:Ok I did a search and nothing camr up on this. My question is , Has any ony had any problems with their reverse lamps quitting? Mine started going on the fritz about a year ago and now they won't work at all. I used to be able to wiggle the shifter a little and they would come on but now that doesn't even work, so i'm assuming that the switch that activates them when you pull the shifter into reverse has went bad. By the way my car is a 5spd, also does any one know about how much this will cost to fix..???

I notice ealier tonight that my 03 is having the same problem. Although it still works for now.

Saturday, August 06, 2005 5:34 AM
related question...i have really dark tints in my back windsheild, and didnt anticipate illumination at night. any way to get brighter back-up bulbs?

this useless post brought to you by the alcoholic known as LUNDiS

Saturday, August 06, 2005 7:12 PM
I know they sell bighter bulbs for #1156, so I'm pretty sure they sell them for our cars. I'll check up on it when I go back to work.

Monday, August 15, 2005 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the info guys sorry I havent responed been offline for awhile, having money troubles and all that good stuff, So i can get one of the swithches at the local parts store, thats cool, And ya say its next to the shifter linkage on the tansaxle ,drivers side..??

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 10:17 AM
chris mine just started to do the samething ...... here we go again.... more light problems and its a 2002... i already had the drivers side brake light issue a while back....

Thursday, August 18, 2005 2:21 AM
Mine started it about a year ago,, and gradually got worse.Like i said there for a while I could just wiggle the shifter a little and they would come on but now that doesn't even work,. Not that it that big a deal but I just like for all my stuff to work properly... I may just have it fixed the next time I take the car in, Those guys up at the dealership usually do me right anyway when I go up there..

Friday, August 19, 2005 7:34 PM
i have 98 automatic and mine dont work either. replaced the bulbs checked fuses and everything. so im guessing i should give the reverse light switch a try. where is that located with an automatic transmission??
Friday, August 19, 2005 11:09 PM
Now mine is not working at all.

utimike2.JPG
Saturday, August 20, 2005 5:43 AM
join the club...i have 30% tint on my back window so they dont help much anyway but yeah i would like mine to work on my 5spd '03 but ohh well guess they wont know im coming when i creep in reverse now...lmao

Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:38 PM
Your is an 03 and they already quit..?? Damn maybe we should bug Gm about a recall or something..

Sunday, August 28, 2005 9:43 PM
Yeah mines is an 03 also and not working. I'm surprised it's not a recall.
Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:04 PM
Next time I go in the dealership I'm gonna hit them up about the problem and see if they have had anyone else come in complaining about it.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:51 PM
I'm off tomorrow from work so if I have time I'm going to try to go to the dearlership also.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:24 PM
can anyone help me out with this. i have a 98 automatic and my reverse lights dont work either.
Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:05 PM
How you checked the bulbs or the fuse yet?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:17 AM
yeah i checked the fuse and bulbs already
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search