WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE
Monday, January 09, 2006 2:51 PM
how big of a diference will it make to my ride if on the bottom end, i have the crack polished new piston bore it out 0.03 and then put on a new 2.3 lo head the has a PnP, apposed to keeping the block stock bottom, and just replace the head, things to keep in mind it is an auto, i will in the future most i will go 6-8 boost (might) if i find it i will put on a 086 head(when i could find it) cause i have the cam towers and cams from a w41 for later on, so is the bottom end worth it ?? for about $675 for the piston heads, rings, machining,

Re: WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL IT MAKE
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:27 PM
I can get you a 086 head for 450$ plus taxes(canadian of course). Rebuild with new seals and springs.

Sealed Power rings are 130$ for the premium.

I depends on what you want to do. A stock 2.3 rod can take over 300hp no problem. That's why I have cast pistons and stock rods.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:16 PM
i have dumped the rebuild id i am going to do head work to it later this is my winter beater anywasy and its an auto, but thanks i will need a head later,

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:18 PM
i did order uperinsert and lower engine mount throw aplus on the grup purchase and i wll be using the ported head i have lieing around

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:58 PM
um...is this what your looking for? ... looks like a pretty good price to me for a pretty rebuilt 086 head...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-3-GM-DOHC-QUAD-4-CYLINDER-HEAD-1990-1992_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33617QQitemZ8028742573QQrdZ1

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:29 PM
yha but i need something by monday or tuesday, if i could get it

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:33 PM
where are you located at?

Friday, January 13, 2006 4:07 PM
toronto

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search