what can i use. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what can i use.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:37 PM
question,

i have a 2000 base model cavalier
i found a wrecked 98 base model cavalier. what parts can i use in my car?

they are both coupes, 2200 motor, auto trans.

thanks for the info.

oh, one point of concern was the HVAC panel. can i take it from the 98 and put it in the 00

Re: what can i use.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:55 PM
yes you can use the hvac panel
most other parts are interchangeable too.

coming back in 2008...
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:41 AM
you can use just about anything as long as you take the right parts with it. ie the motor can be used but you will need to use the wiring harness with it since it changed from 99 to 00

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:11 AM
so if i take the hvac panel i can just put it where it goes and plug it in? thats really exciting!!! haha mine has been dead for a while now.

thanks for the replies.
Saturday, January 12, 2008 5:54 PM
Your not changing the HVAC panel because the blower speeds arent there are you?
If so thats not what breaks, its the speed resistor, right by the blower motor.

yep lots of stuff is the same, aside from the electrical system which is a little diffferent.

i think the transmissions are different, the 00's had auto 4speeds with electronic shift and the 98 has a 3 speed mechanical shift.
Motors are a little different, 98 has a knock sensor and an EGR valve and the 00 does not. plus some other stuff.
Fenders are different but can be modified to work, hoods are diffferent, bumpers, lights, all different.
Clusters are different, I believe the radio in the 00 has a serial data line in it, so I dont think you can swap them.
HVAC panels are same ,dash pad, seats glass, doors, trunk lid. and so on.
This could go on and on.

01 cav w/01 3400 gam gt 4t45e

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:20 PM
hoods are the same, the headlights just go farther down into the front bumper on the 2000-'02, fenders are the same, the taillights are interchangable, the front headlights can be swapped if you swap front bumpers also, and do a little wiring. But the 2000-2002 healights are better cuz only got one bulb instead of two, like on the pre 2000's that have seperate brights and low beam bulbs. rear bumpers are the same, side skirts the same. thats all i got for now!

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!
Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:24 PM
doors. windows, interior, mirrors.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search