Help.... - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help....
Monday, April 07, 2008 8:27 AM
So today I was driving back home, and my car died. And won't start.....here's what happened. I noticed my gas guage was low, but I figured I could make it. I was going up a slight hill, and I felt my car start to sputter a bit. Then it didn't die, but when I tried to push the gas, nothing happened. The rpm's just continued to drop. So I coasted off to the side of the road and it finally died. I figured I ran out of gas. So I 1 1/2 gallons of gas in, and I tried to start it. It would fire, for a few seconds then die. When I start it and try to push the gas down, it just dies. My oil light is on, but I have plenty of oil in there, and it's new. There is no spills or anything.........anyone help?

Infantry!!!

Re: Help....
Monday, April 07, 2008 10:20 AM
Try putting more fuel in it, your on a hill so all the gas is going to the rear of the tank. It could also be your fuel filter or fuel pump.

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:03 AM
i would say it's the fuel pump. most fuel pumps do burn up while climbing a hill, be it big or small. even on a hill, 1 1/2 gallons of petro should be more than enough to start it.

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Monday, April 07, 2008 1:14 PM
ok, well im pretty positive its the fuel pump. I pulled the intake off, and dumped a bit of fuel in the throttle body. Started it and it ran for a little bit, but when that burned up, the car sputtered and died again. Im pretty sure though that the pump is priming, when I turn the key.......any other ideas???

Infantry!!!
Monday, April 07, 2008 2:35 PM
Did you try putting more gas in? I had a friend that ran her cavalier out of gas once, and it wouldn't start back up til I'd gotten about 4-5 gallons dumped into it.

Monday, April 07, 2008 3:31 PM
well i put 2 gallons of fuel in it already.....ill try adding more.

Infantry!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search