My halloween scare comes early... - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My halloween scare comes early...
Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:15 PM
For awhile now I have been feeling a clunk in the front end of my car. Tonight I was fabbing up my exhaust and decided finally to check things out. Found the upper 2 subframe bolts loose..... There the ones that bolt to the frame kinda in the wheel well... So basically it was only held on by 4 bolts... the lower ones. Thats scary. I have gone to the track alot with it like that too. Maybe thats why my times were a little slower. Everything wasnt held in place tightly.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Re: My halloween scare comes early...
Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:47 PM
my cavalier has been makeing a very similar sound, i have checked evreything but the subframe, i guess thats may project for the morning.
Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:06 PM
locktite for the win!

failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
Friday, October 24, 2008 10:47 AM
z yaaaa wrote:locktite for the win!

qft

blue will work, red you supposedly have to heat before removal.

Friday, October 24, 2008 2:07 PM
John Benham wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:locktite for the win!

qft

blue will work, red you supposedly have to heat before removal.

I have red on all my suspension bolts. A quick zap from the impact takes them off easily. Red loc-tite is on a lot of the Ford trucks from the factory too...learned that the hard way doing a brake job without air tools LOL

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:06 PM
I think the hardest bolts I have ever had to take off at work were on brand new impalas. The bolts for the brake pad bracket is lock tighted on. My half inch IR Titanium has to hammer on them for a while. There on there with red.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:39 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:I think the hardest bolts I have ever had to take off at work were on brand new impalas. The bolts for the brake pad bracket is lock tighted on. My half inch IR Titanium has to hammer on them for a while. There on there with red.

At least they weren't loose

Friday, October 31, 2008 8:29 PM
so I should use the blue.

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Friday, October 31, 2008 10:26 PM
i have one subframe bolt missing... didnt drive the car anywhere really this year though... but it snapped off when we took it out for transmission and swaybar install.... when i was at the local junk yard though i think i found some subframe bolts just laying in the bay of a cavy lol

My 3400 Swap Page
Saturday, November 08, 2008 2:02 PM
gm uses a yellow that is a bit(h to. rear discs on a 03 mason dump needed a four foot bar on the wrench.
Monday, November 10, 2008 5:36 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:I think the hardest bolts I have ever had to take off at work were on brand new impalas. The bolts for the brake pad bracket is lock tighted on. My half inch IR Titanium has to hammer on them for a while. There on there with red.

Mine never had a lick of trouble on any GM car up to Aug 07 (when I left the dealer). The IR2135Ti is an awesome impact if you keep it cleaned and lubed.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:16 PM
hell i got a snap on..somthin 700, its ugly and somtimes th trigger leaks but that damn thing would take the ugly off rosie o star jones! paid 50 bucks for it 3 years ago
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:17 PM
i know i know rosie o what? we need a damn edit button!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search