quick swap question. need some help please - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick swap question. need some help please
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 7:47 AM
okay i know this question has been asked alot of times but i just want to see it again. so dont fill this thread with a bunch of "why dont you go use the search button."I am very aware of the search tool but, the search button does not answer every question to the T. ya feel'me

my poor J has been sitting in the driveway for a year now. and im tired of it, i cant take it no more. I have a block in the back yard but here is my question. The block is from 89 High Output Quad, I have the crappy 95LO in mine with the 5spd.Will that block work with my head trans and everything else that is in the car?

also....i lost my keys so where can i find a replacement for the ignition? i know these answers may be simple but im new to the motor swap.

BUY MY STUFF^95Z24 PART OUT IN SOUTHEAST FORUM
UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Cardomain page

Re: quick swap question. need some help please
Tuesday, March 03, 2009 8:31 AM
block should be a dead match, the head may change the cr ratio, but should bolt on. i would bow to others about timing and other issues though.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 10:33 AM
the block will work as well as the tranny. as for the keys, you could either go into GM with your ownership and some I.D. and have them make you a new key through the VIN or just go to the juk-yrd and get a new ignition cylinder that has the keys with it and grab the door locks too, unless you decide to shave the locks.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 4:21 PM
Is there a way to look at the block and know its alright? Im looking to clean the block up and put it in, but how do you tell if the block is good?

BUY MY STUFF^95Z24 PART OUT IN SOUTHEAST FORUM
UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Cardomain page

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search