Guys with 3400s Exhaust Q. - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Guys with 3400s Exhaust Q.
Friday, March 13, 2009 8:31 AM
Just a question... I'm on a hunt for a downpipe from a grand am, and I've come across some aftermarket ones from Milzly Motorsports, and ZZP, but zzp is out of the 3 bolt flange which is slightly frustrating ;P So I found these....

http://www.mpracing.org/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=340

Any guesses if they'll actually fit or not? Or is anybody running them?

I don't mind spending the cash if it's not going to smack up against my rad/not come close to clearing the firewall and actually give me some better gains.

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.

Re: Guys with 3400s Exhaust Q.
Saturday, March 14, 2009 3:35 AM
From what I understand from asking ZZP, the 3 bolt flange is on the back side of the pipe down by the cat. All downpipes have the same connection at the exhaust manifold. So you should be good if you want it.

For the headers, there's quite a few GA guys running them. I think all of us with the 3400 swaps are just running stock manifolds. Not sure how the S&S would fit under the hood.

www.gmscf.com
Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:11 AM
Jameson Toler is running N-body headers, but I'm not sure which brand.

Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:57 PM
Cool thanks guys!

I can't get over how expensive stuff is for the 3400, I already spent almost a $1000 on new valvetrain components. It's like buying parts for a BBC, actually might even be more in some cases!

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:38 AM
Here's one for you.

I got the stock sized lightened alum pulley for my 3400. From Z-spec (formerly RSM racing or whatever). The pullies were previously priced at something like 195 bucks. But they put them on clearance or something for 40 bucks. Not a damn bad idea if you want a lightened crank pulley.

I don't know about anyone else, but they didn't play around with me. I got my pulley within a week or so of ordering it.

www.gmscf.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search