Introducing the new ride - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Introducing the new ride
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 2:42 AM
Hello folks, here is my brief introduction....

I've been a longtime member here since signing up in the Spring of 2000, a short few months after I bought my first jbody, a 1991 Pontiac Sunbird. The following year I hooked up with Keeper of The Light and was a cofounder of JBody Northwest (now Northwest GM Enthusiasts). Thereafter my jbody addition began and wanted a project car, so in 2004 I finally located a 1st gen hatchback, my 1985 Pontiac SE turbo. The hatchback actually ended up being the daily driver once the head gasket blew on my coupe and have been driving the hatch ever since. Then in 2005 I wanted to upgrade to a 3rd gen Cavalier after taking a buddies for a spin. However could never afford to get one and finding a Black LS Sport with the sunroof and manual package. That all changed...

It became reality a month ago today! Josh (aka Wojo), a friend from NWGME approached me and asked if I would be interested in buying the car. The timing wasn't right for me and I was actually hoping to find a newer Cavalier. Summer rolled around and he was going to sell the car, but didn't have much luck in its modified state. September arrived and he asked if I was still interested in it, thought about it for a couple weeks and we got everything worked out eventually. I am now a proud owner of a Blue 2002 Cavalier LS Sport that some of you may be familiar with and it was finally delivered on October 10th. I honestly can't take credit for all the work that has been done so far, but I do look forward for what is in store for the car.

My JBody Family (the 1st gen hatch, a 2nd gen coupe and now a 3rd gen cavalier)

And finally some photos on the first day...

1985 Sunbird Hatchback | 1991 Sunbird Coupe | 2002 Cavalier LS Sport

Re: Introducing the new ride
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 3:49 AM
Congrats!

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:57 AM
Damn I love that color! NICE!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:53 AM
Atta boy

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:39 PM
nice buy. love that color
Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:52 AM
thats pretty nice......I am just starting my car....so seeing new ones come up keep me enthused with my project and ideas come from all sorts on here and a few other sites.

What seats are those? Really like them...and for me...that says alot....since I an PICKY on everything
Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:53 PM
dang thats a nice cavy...love the wheels and rear end...those toyos have caught my eye from day one, i love them. nice hood as well.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search