Fuel line replacement - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel line replacement
Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:07 AM
Ok..... so here's an issue I have. Last year I was unable to change my fuel filter because it's rusted to the line so bad on the end that it screws in, and apparently also crossthreaded that I can't get it off. Without having in it right here I can't judge if that side is the line that goes to the tank, or the side that goes to the engine. Just curious if anyone knows if you can get those lines from a parts store or dealership, or if maybe it's even got a part number?

Car would origionally be a 97 2.2, if that makes a difference.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick

Re: Fuel line replacement
Saturday, January 23, 2010 4:34 AM
when I had to replace my pump mine was rusted on there good too. a little info though, the quick disconnect side goes to the tank, the hard line goes towards the engine(of course right?)

Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:44 AM
I believe the one going from the tank to the filter is a factory part, but the one that runs to the engine compartment would have to be made. I'll see if I can put my hands on my parts list and post it.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 5:46 PM
Why not just reflare the lines and go with an inline type fuel filter with AN fittings?
Just a suggestion to keep you from having to replace the whole line.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Saturday, January 23, 2010 6:12 PM
The chain auto parts stores sell a fuel line repair kit which will give you a new end that threads into the fuel filter. The only thing is that you end up connecting the repair line to the OEM line with a piece of hose.

It might be worth checking out inlinetube.com or classictube.com to see if they have the patterns for the Cav/Sunfire OEM lines. I bought a complete set of stainless hard brakelines and fuel lines for my S10 when I built it and they are awesome. Exact duplicates of the original lines and they were reasonably priced.
Saturday, January 23, 2010 7:52 PM
Misnblu wrote:Why not just reflare the lines and go with an inline type fuel filter with AN fittings?
Just a suggestion to keep you from having to replace the whole line.

Cuz the underside of my car doesn't look as pretty as yours does. LOL.

What kind of filter do you suggest?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Saturday, January 23, 2010 11:32 PM
you can buy a complete replacement line set (fuel and brakes)

I have the part number for 00+ if that helps
Sunday, January 24, 2010 2:44 AM
I would guess that the fuel line is different on the 00+. Maybe not TO the engine, but on the return side because of the charcoal canister being in the back. I'll have to look into seeing what I can't find. Something can be figured out.

Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:15 AM
found the part# for a 97

check and verify with a dealer tho

Monday, January 25, 2010 2:58 AM
sweet @!#$.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search