problem and its annoying - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
problem and its annoying
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:45 PM
i have a 97 2.2 5 speed and when i push the clutch in to down shift or come to a stop and put it in neutral at at red light it revs high then dies down. but when i pulled up to my house it reved high died down a little but was still higher than wat it noramally is when sitting. any ideas? there is another motor that is in it. the old one blew before i bought it and the owner put another 2.2 in it. and the check engine light is one. please if anyone knos help me!!!!!

Re: problem and its annoying
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:46 PM
First thing you should do is have the codes read in order to find out why that light is on. Find out, then come back and post your results.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:49 PM
will do.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:38 PM
well went to auto zone to have them check y the light is on and its because the idle air valve is messed up. so that explains y the car does that. thats also the only code that came up. any ideas on where that is located? i haven had time to look at the chiltons book i have because my buddy has it.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:44 PM
Your IAT will be right in the top rear center of your intake manifold. Two torx bolts and one wire clip. Circular shaped, It will be around $60-$70 new (Last time I got one.).

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:48 PM
yeah up at auto zone where i live its 77 bucks plus tax. thanks.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:56 PM
if you talking about youe idle air control valve(IAC) thats not the same part as the intake air temp. sensor (IAT) the IAC is located on the throttle body held woth 2 torx screwc the IAT is located on the intake resonator arm int the little one that just pulls out.

Friday, October 15, 2010 8:07 AM
well i get the part today thats good. the bad the car wont stay running now when im at a redlight. its so messed up. i hate it.
Monday, October 18, 2010 3:11 PM
I had an IAC die in my Neon once and yes it is annoying. Especially when your driving and it dies and then you come to a light and people think you can't drive a manual cause it dies lol.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:22 PM
yeah. its sucks big time. i hate driving a car that has that problem. everyones stares and thinks your a big ass ricer or a dumb @$$.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search