weird clutch problem? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird clutch problem?
Sunday, December 05, 2010 6:08 PM
hi guys, i got a 05 cavi with ecotec and i had it for a little over a month and i love it so far! but lately its been doing something weird with the clutch pedal, sometimes when you let off the clutch pedal when its almost fully let off it (fully up) , it feels like the pedal is sticking a little. it only does this sometimes for the most part it doesn't. the guy i got the car from said he just replaced the clutch last summer from the dealer, but whether he did or not i don't know as he also said he changed the oil when the oil was black and below the add line and the oil filter was broke.....

back to the current problem though, i was wondering if this clutch problem is something i should worry about or not, it doesn't slip or anything, the car doesn't get drove as much...but it sits around for a maximum of 3 days. it has 112,000kms. thxs in advance for any help, shawn

Re: weird clutch problem?
Sunday, December 05, 2010 7:03 PM
Could be the throwout bearing? If the guy went the cheap way and only replaced the clutch without replacing the throwout bearing and machining the flywheel. Just a thought , but i have seen this many times at my workplace over the years.

Monday, December 06, 2010 3:13 PM
Maybe a master cylinder starting to go bad. It happens.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 2:18 PM
lol my cluth i thought the same thing till i moved my floor mat hahaha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search