weird problem... - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird problem...
Sunday, January 16, 2011 6:55 PM
this problem just happened i shut off my car and the engine light flickered and i thought its nothing but when i took my key out and opened the door my radio was still playing an i tryed shutting the door and opening it over and over and i tryed starting the car and shuting it off but it still does it everytime any guesses what it might be?
let me know what u think it is, and if this happened to you let me know how you fixed it!

Re: weird problem...
Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:09 PM
Possibly a bad BCM.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:15 PM
Does your radio have the convenience feature that keeps the radio on after it shuts off? If so does your interior lights come on when you open the door? If not them it could possible be the door trigger. But I am going with Roofy with BCM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:23 PM
it was the door thing... its winter and its frozen but the engine light still flickers when shut off and it only does it once and if you blink youll miss it, and im a newbie.. so whats a BCM?
Monday, January 17, 2011 8:15 AM
BCM = Body control module... basically controls the eletronic devices & convenience features in the car

Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:54 PM
Yeah, my door switch keeps freezing too...It's nothing big. Might want top get the BCM issue with the enigne light looked into though.

-95 CAVfire SE Sedan 2.2L *Retired*
-99 Sunfire GT 2.4L
-85 Dodge Shelby Turbo TII Roller Cam Build *in progress*
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search