Why can't you just... PCV valve question - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why can't you just... PCV valve question
Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:49 PM
Why can't you just put a one way vac check valve inline with the PCV line that goes to the intake and then put a filter on the other valve cover for a boosted setup? Or should I still just vent both valve covers to atmosphere?

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Re: Why can't you just... PCV valve question
Saturday, May 07, 2011 4:55 PM
I *might* be wrong but isn't a PCV valve a check valve?

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Sunday, May 08, 2011 7:49 AM
you want the pcv to still operate under boost conditions. Add a catch can in line.

Monday, May 09, 2011 10:08 AM
It does have a 1 way check valve if I'm not mistaken. That way it can't pull air in though the valve cover.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, May 09, 2011 6:43 PM
it depends on how you do it the eco doesn't need a catch can if you buy a saab 9-3 (older style) check valve and drill out the PCV hole on the L61 manifold my buddy has it done and hes not boosting his crankcase and his PCV fuctions as normal and no catch can

2.2 and 2200 also don't need a catch can as the PCV is a 1 way valve

2.4 you could probably do the same as my buddy did for his eco. there are ways around it if you just think outside the box and try things

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:00 AM
Nate's got a 3400. I'm pretty sure it uses the same thing as the 2.2/2200 does.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Thursday, May 12, 2011 6:58 PM
So I just run the PCV normal?

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Friday, May 13, 2011 2:54 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this. I'm thinking that on my 3400 I didn't have a PCV valve, but snatched the one off of the 2.2's valve cover. Been long enough that I don't remember for sure though. I do know they have a different part number, but I don't really know what the difference is.

Maybe hit up AutoZone and ask to look at the 2 parts and see what the difference is?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search