V6 swap mount GP feeler - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
V6 swap mount GP feeler
Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:21 AM
I've been getting a few inquiries on the V6 swap mounts lately, so I figured I'd throw this out there.
Uppers are billet aluminum available either plain or black anodized.
Lowers are 3/16" steel with black powdercoat.

The upper mounts are $175 shipped continental US with the zinc plated bolts.
I'm currently waiting on pricing from a new vendor on the lowers, so I don't have that yet, but I will post as soon as I have the quote.

pics:

[/quote

If I can get 5 people in on the uppers, the price will drop to $165 shipped.

Who is interested in this?

edit: added pics

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:24 AM

Re: V6 swap mount GP feeler
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:04 PM
I'M SO FREAKIN INTERESTED IN THESE!!!! they look great!, I'm doing as much research as I can on this swap..

this might be a dumb question, can I purchase solid engine mounts that would still work with these brackets?
Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:44 PM
The upper mount is a whole replacement? It looks that way. Does the upper mount work with all gm 3x00 engines, the different timing covers I should say.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:30 PM
Hmm depending on how soon this goes on i maybe just with recently buying new tires this month is a no go. But always good to have these around for when i decide to ditch the eco for a 6.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:52 PM
Bump for awesome products that make this a bolt in swap. I have both of these already and they are quality pieces.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:18 PM
Yes!

I need a better lower... Already twisted the 1/4" I had made up. After I moved, lost the space to cut my own.

Cash in hand.

*subbed

Friday, February 24, 2012 6:14 AM
Craig Daye wrote:this might be a dumb question, can I purchase solid engine mounts that would still work with these brackets?
You can use the J-body urethane inserts for the 2.2OHV/2200/2.4 engines with the upper mount, and the lower will use any aftermarket dogbone as well as the factory one.

Oedwards wrote:The upper mount is a whole replacement? It looks that way. Does the upper mount work with all gm 3x00 engines, the different timing covers I should say.
The upper bracket bolts into the factory J-body frame rail bracket, and is designed to work with the newer style 3400 mount (or 3100 from an 00+ Malibu) with the two idler pulleys. If you have an engine without the idler pulleys (the tensioner is right above the crank pulley), then you need the newer style timing cover, and I couple of idler pulleys. (off subject, but I have also been designing pulleys, and may be offering these soon.)

Let's start an interest list. We'll see where it goes. I will get the quote on the lower brackets very soon and post in here.

screenname.........................................upper/lower/both
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 24, 2012 6:14 AM

Friday, February 24, 2012 8:35 AM
1. Kardain ---- lower

Friday, February 24, 2012 7:29 PM
anyone doin the swap i would get these mounts we used them on the 3400 project we did and there awesome 100% and not to mention he backs his product he was willing to ship an ok mount to get us goin until the final 100% finished mounts were done. if your doin a 3400 this is the only way to go

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:53 PM
Craig Daye---------BOTH
Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:18 PM
Craig Daye---------BOTH

josh carr ------------BOTH

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:24 PM
josh carr wrote:

Kardain --- lower

Craig Daye---------BOTH

josh carr ------------BOTH

Lollerz. Srsly guys? Fixed. Not bumping me off the list this early in the post. .

Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:08 PM
my car is currently engine less- haven't decided v6 or 2.0 supercharged ( have motor )
put me down for a possible- maybe (lol)
thanks

Monday, February 27, 2012 1:29 PM
lol sorry kardain....
Friday, March 02, 2012 12:46 PM
Ahhhh Mr Quick . . . If only you made a whole bolt in subframe for the L67!

Whats up people?
Friday, March 02, 2012 6:02 PM
why there easy and really not needed best to use it to stiffen up the front but swap can be done without it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 10:21 AM
Sorry guys, I haven't forgot about this, I've just been crazy busy with a couple of other things. I'll see about getting the pricing for the lower within the next week.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:54 AM
Bamp?

Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:57 AM
Kardain wrote:Bamp?
Sorry, but the Saturn/Neon swap and another project has been consuming my time and the time of my fabricator/machinist. I will do my best to get a quote on the bottoms soon.

I'd like to get a few more people in on this if possible, particularly with the bottoms.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:49 AM
If you knew the price on the bottoms and it wasn't going to be a month before something happens. I would possibly pick up one or both if there was a little bit of a deal on it. But based on how busy you are I would venture to say it would be a little bit.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:10 AM
OK guys, a little update. I had to go through someone else on the bottoms, because the guy who usually does my stuff can't guarantee me accurate bends on the main part of the lower brackets. He refered me to another shop that specializes in sheet metal and has better equipment for this type of construction. I'm just waiting to get a quote from them. I've checked out some of their work, and it's quality. I'm just hoping they don't want too much for them.

Friday, May 04, 2012 1:16 PM
If anyone would like to buy my upper and lower off of me (Both are painted black), I'll make you a decent deal, since I no longer have the car to do the swap. lol
Friday, May 04, 2012 5:31 PM
I'll be looking for an upper in about a month.

Saturday, May 05, 2012 2:29 PM
Uppers are easy. I have a blue one in stock, and they're a pretty quick turn around time. The problem with the bottoms is that I switched vendors. The guy who makes the uppers doesn't have the ability to make the lowers and guarantee fitment, because he lacks the proper bending equipment for accurate bends. I have to get to the shop that can do the lowers and talk to the guy about pricing. I just haven't had the chance. The guy does great work, though. I've seen some of the stuff he does. I'm just hoping he's not going to charge me a ton for these.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search